GQF sportsman vs Dickey incubators?

WHISTLER

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Woodbury, Minnesota
hello im new here just wondering if anyone has noticed a big difference in the two different brands, besides the slight difference in price? i have a dickey now and was looking at adding another one to my inventory. thanks in advance for respones

I've had my Dickey about 2 or so weeks. Love it so far. Holds temp very nicely. I was going between the sportsman 1502 (the newer model made with plastic), but after everything i've read about the Dickeys I decided to go with one and do not regret it all all. Haven't heard anything but good things about it. I got the incubator with 3 trays and the hatching tray, also got the acrylic door. I didn't get the humidity bucket, since I dry incubate anyways. I also go the electronic thermostat. Ordered it saturday got it the following wednesday.
Birds001.jpg
010.jpg

Just wanted to post to say that after reading the various threads debating Sportsman v Dickey I decided to order a Dickey. I called to place the order last night at 9pm and it has already been shipped. It will be at my house by Tuesday night. Awesome delivery time! I am hoping the incubator is as impressive as the customer service has been so far, very excited!

I have a GQF 1502 cabinet incubator to make a long story short my hatch rate was not what I wanted I believe it was my fault. What is the best temperature and humidity to keep it on during the hatching? I have the trays with the sponges that you have to put water in daily to keep the humidity right but last year the chicks shells were sticking to them. Can someone please help me to get a better hatch rate?

I have both and here's the main difference. The both do a super job and the GQF holds temp better than Dickey. No big deal. But what is a big deal is that you have a problem or question call Mr. Dickey. He will come on phone with you immediately. Need parts? He sends them out that day. Call GQF and the runaround starts. Drill down through the phone menu and finally you get a recording, "Leave the model # (etc. info) and a short summary of your problem and we will call you back" My problem is the turner won't go to the left. It does it on manual, just not on auto. lost many rare bird embryos to sticking to the shell. Been a week now. I'm going to order a replacement and use the 1502 as a hatcher. Guess witch new one I'm buying.

Dickey vs GQF, indeed.

I have to say our Dickey is rock solid...9/10 out of ten when you go look at the temp its setting on 99.6° and never moves..Very rarely it may be be 99.5° but 1/10° is all Ive ever seen it deviate. I like that it takes temp at egg level and I like that when I call I talk to Mr Dickey himself.

Back
Top Bottom