GQF sportsman vs Dickey incubators?

Just wanted to post to say that after reading the various threads debating Sportsman v Dickey I decided to order a Dickey. I called to place the order last night at 9pm and it has already been shipped. It will be at my house by Tuesday night. Awesome delivery time! I am hoping the incubator is as impressive as the customer service has been so far, very excited!

I have a GQF 1502 cabinet incubator to make a long story short my hatch rate was not what I wanted I believe it was my fault. What is the best temperature and humidity to keep it on during the hatching? I have the trays with the sponges that you have to put water in daily to keep the humidity right but last year the chicks shells were sticking to them. Can someone please help me to get a better hatch rate?

I have both and here's the main difference. The both do a super job and the GQF holds temp better than Dickey. No big deal. But what is a big deal is that you have a problem or question call Mr. Dickey. He will come on phone with you immediately. Need parts? He sends them out that day. Call GQF and the runaround starts. Drill down through the phone menu and finally you get a recording, "Leave the model # (etc. info) and a short summary of your problem and we will call you back" My problem is the turner won't go to the left. It does it on manual, just not on auto. lost many rare bird embryos to sticking to the shell. Been a week now. I'm going to order a replacement and use the 1502 as a hatcher. Guess witch new one I'm buying.

Dickey vs GQF, indeed.

I have to say our Dickey is rock solid...9/10 out of ten when you go look at the temp its setting on 99.6° and never moves..Very rarely it may be be 99.5° but 1/10° is all Ive ever seen it deviate. I like that it takes temp at egg level and I like that when I call I talk to Mr Dickey himself.

You can't go wrong with a Dickey incubator. This man worked for a company that dealt with lot's of electrical experience. He started working for them sweeping floors and after around forty years of employment he retired as manager of the company. He would put in his time at the company come home and work in his garage building incubators . I know this man very well and we have talked about his product verses Gqf's product which is his main competition and I have never heard him say anything negative about Gqf's incubators. There is nothing else to say because that is the way America was formed. I will say this in closing that I have heard, read and personal experience that if you have a problem or question with a Dickey incubator and a Gqf incubator you can talk to Mr. Dickey but sadly with Gqf' most of the time you get a recording and the recording is just as good of use to you as if you have actually spoken to someone. Buy what you feel comfortable with because no matter what you are hatching there is nothing like the berth of an egg. Whatever came first the egg or what laid it.

Lyn Kirkland
fowlplayfarms

i notice your humidity is 18,must be very dry there,i use no water in the pan until 3 days of hatching,humidity is high here,louisiana

Back
Top Bottom