GQF sportsman vs Dickey incubators?

I have had a new Dickey running for about two weeks and I can't get the bottom tray temperature above 95' no matter what I do with the vents. The upper trays are 99.5-100 all the time. Any suggestions? Those of you who have Dickeys- have you put a thermometer in your hatching tray?

Mine runs slightly cooler in the hatching tray (98) but I don't hatch in mine. A couple of thoughts:

Are you sure the thermometer you are using is accurate. Are you just checking the temperature in the hatching tray in one spot like close to the door?

Have you checked to make sure you don't have an air leak in the bottom floor or the door gasket around the bottom of the door is not sealing good?

I've never checked the temp at the bottom, but the egg trays always seem to be good. (wireless thermometer)

I've never checked temp because the hatches are always great and if they weren't, I'd be on the phone with Mr. Dickey trying to hash it out.

Do what GAQuail said, Also make sure your concrete isn't so cold that it's affecting the incubator in the bottom, but I doubt that it would.

We've had nothing but success with our Dickey incubator.

Good luck.

Do what GAQuail said, Also make sure your concrete isn't so cold that it's affecting the incubator in the bottom, but I doubt that it would.
I've used several different thermometers (including the one that came with the incubator) and put them all over the bottom of the incubator....they all say 95 but go up to 99-100 when I put them up higher. I originally had the cabinet on a tile floor (same floor as my sportsman, which does not have this issue) but we put it on a pallet to see if that would help and there has been no change. It's brand new and seems to seal well. It's a clear acrylic door and I can see the black sealant material pressed up tight against the entire door, can't feel any leaks. Lock-down day is Weds.....if I get a good hatch, I'm not going to worry too much about it. If things don't go well, I'll call Mr D!

I've used several different thermometers (including the one that came with the incubator) and put them all over the bottom of the incubator....they all say 95 but go up to 99-100 when I put them up higher. I originally had the cabinet on a tile floor (same floor as my sportsman, which does not have this issue) but we put it on a pallet to see if that would help and there has been no change. It's brand new and seems to seal well. It's a clear acrylic door and I can see the black sealant material pressed up tight against the entire door, can't feel any leaks. Lock-down day is Weds.....if I get a good hatch, I'm not going to worry too much about it. If things don't go well, I'll call Mr D!

One other thought. What is the air temperature in the room you have the incubator located in?

It's in a constant 72' room, on a pallet, a foot or two away from my sportsman now, which does not have a temperature issue on the bottom rack. Am going to put most of the eggs on this lockdown in the sportsman hatching tray and put some less valuable but easy hatchers in the Dickey to see what happens.

I have no input on Dickey products but I have the Sportsman 1502 and couldn't be happier with it. Consistently holds temperatures within .1 of a degree of my set point and humidity is easy to raise/lower. Best of all, clean up is a breeze!

We really like ours we have the incubator and hatcher like them both so food now we have 3 brooders he makes also love them.

Back
Top Bottom