Granny's gone and done it again

Still, snow is pretty!
View attachment 2942649
This was 2019 up near Tahoe. Hubs and #2son went snowboarding. There is A LOT more snow this year. Can't get up there now. All roads are blocked and more snow coming.
Snowmageddon!
I'm freakin impressed! DH wants to know if that is the snow depth at the top or at the top of the 'plow blade' marks.

The best I can do is this...

snowjetta800.JPG

This was back in IL the Ground Hog Day blizzard of 11. We were glad nobody was coming down the hill from the other side.

@Granny Hatchet, how do we do it? I keep a running tally of what we use and replace it. Meat goes in the freezer along with frozen veggies. We buy 4 or more gallons of skim milk, remove two glasses from each one into a spare jug and then freeze it. Gotta be skimmed or the fats separate. I make our bread and keep an inventory of canned goods. I know how much food the dogs eat and the chickens and make sure there is two months worth on hand.

When I buy perishables, on hand items are rotated to the front of the upright freezer and the new goes to the back. Same with canned goods. I used to use a clipboard but now I just do it mentally keeping track of what veggies we use the most of. A lot of stuff comes from Walmart.com and is delivered to the house. Here we have HyVee who has Isles on Line. I can go on line, order groceries like shopping, they fill the order and we can pick it up without going inside the store.

Where there is a will, there is a way, in spite of Covid,;)

Still, snow is pretty!

I'm freakin impressed! DH wants to know if that is the snow depth at the top or at the top of the 'plow blade' marks.

View attachment 2942697

This was back in IL the Ground Hog Day blizzard of 11. We were glad nobody was coming down the hill from the other side.

@Granny Hatchet, how do we do it? I keep a running tally of what we use and replace it. Meat goes in the freezer along with frozen veggies. We buy 4 or more gallons of skim milk, remove two glasses from each one into a spare jug and then freeze it. Gotta be skimmed or the fats separate. I make our bread and keep an inventory of canned goods. I know how much food the dogs eat and the chickens and make sure there is two months worth on hand.

When I buy perishables, on hand items are rotated to the front of the upright freezer and the new goes to the back. Same with canned goods. I used to use a clipboard but now I just do it mentally keeping track of what veggies we use the most of. A lot of stuff comes from Walmart.com and is delivered to the house. Here we have HyVee who has Isles on Line. I can go on line, order groceries like shopping, they fill the order and we can pick it up without going inside the store.

Now that is Prepared! My quail, dog and sometimes other birds have enough for a month. I figure I can live on bird seed, LOL!

Still, snow is pretty!

View attachment 2942697

Thats amazing to me . I guess I dont have any kitchen skills. So you cant freeze whole milk?

Back
Top Bottom