grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cleaned out medicine closet.   Anti-acid use by date of 2004.  More bandaging materials then a small infirmary  Hidden inside of a plastic mixer box  some bandages so old the paper is yellowing. BUT still sterile.   Maybe I should label the box somehow.   I am not a hoarder just don't do very much doctoring and to cheap to thro out gauze and what not. 
Masking tape & permanent marker work great for labeling the box.

Well I can't really call it breeding because I know nothing about that. I am wanting to raise Icelandic, Sweedish Flower & Salmon Favourelle. All three are endangered breeds. I hatched a beautiful Ice roo, 2 beautiful Swedish Flower roos, 1 crested, 1 non crested & a beautiful Salmon favourelle roo. My goal is too find some unrelated pure bred counterparts for them.

might be better choices for your area of the country cold hardy. I read where the buttercup isn't very cold hardy. Four different breeding pens your gonna be busy.

might be better choices for your area of the country cold hardy.  I read where the buttercup isn't very cold hardy.   Four different breeding pens  your gonna be busy.  
Ya he was a panzy in the winter. He was our free bird from McMurrays. Yes I will be busy, eventually I want to get away from my production birds. They are horrible & have no personality. Some of them are such bee-otches. My hens all look like they are overbred but its the nit picking from the bossy birds. Someone is always squacking & getting more feathers ripped out. Most of these are being rehomed in the next couple of weeks.

Looking at the buttercup rooster and all I can think of is a lot of comb to get frost bitten and looks like a venus fly trap or evil alien.

Not too bad from the side, but wouldn't trap many flies after a freezing winter. There are plenty places out here that don't get below freezing often, my county included. The high temps cause more problems.

Did MRI early this am. Still haven't heard the results. I guess if they're gonna do anything it will be tomorrow dice I just had lunch. There were 2 unidentifiable substances on the tray.I feel like I'm eating school food. Lol

I would put the dog down asap before Robert gets too attached.

So good to hear Beth is doing well. :)

Wet silkies look like chickens that have been toilet papered before it rained. Or used snot rags. Lol

Quote:
Most of my layers are hatchery. Some of them are great, some not so much. I started replacing them with stock from serious hobby breeders- 2 Ameraucanas, 2 Orpintons, a Marans, bantam Cochin, and Seramas. Like them, they are nice birds, but my egg production has fallen drastically, they are broody so often. Only the Marans has resisted the mama urge, but she lays infrequently. So now I'm torn...

Have you considered Buckeyes? They are supposed to do well in the cold.

Did MRI early this am. Still haven't heard the results. I guess if they're gonna do anything it will be tomorrow dice I just had lunch. There were 2 unidentifiable substances on the tray.I feel like I'm eating school food. Lol

I would put the dog down asap before Robert gets too attached.

So good to hear Beth is doing well.
smile.png

Wet silkies look like chickens that have been toilet papered before it rained. Or used snot rags. Lol

LOL thee one time I was in hospital I wasn't eating so head dietician came up to see what was the matter. While she was there they brought my dinner(lunch) she asks me what are you having I said that's the problem evenyou can't identify what kind of slop you are serving. Told her if they wanted me to eat send up a ham sandwich and a banana late evening. To my surprise they did that the next 3 nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom