grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, im following through too. Goodnight everyone. Prostar I hope you had a good first day.
Ah thanks, that was beautiful!
smile.png
It is my favorite beside ol holy night.. We will be with you through out. DONT FORGET.

We got away from the commercial side of Christmas about 2008. The kids were not amused. We just couldn't afford it.

Christmas to me now means I still love a tree, all the lights and greens and decorations, a creche. A poinsettia.

Outside my plastic snowmen and other plastic crap and red bells from when I was a kid. A wreath on the front door, a seasonal flag on the pole by the top of the steps.

The tree is either a 7 foot artificial or an antique aluminum tree with revolving light. I called it a Reynolds Wrap tree and hated that thing when I was little. I love the smell of fresh cookies and listening to Christmas music while I make them. I sing along if no one is around to hear.

I don't care about presents, I just want a warm house with all my kids around the table at the same time. Tell the Christmas Story and eat. You know, like the Norman Rockwell picture?

We haven't done any decorating since the year the economy went bust and so did we. Still haven't recovered.

I am the one to get the decorations done after nagging my DH to get them out. I said that we were having decorations this year or else. DD was coming home from OK so I had an even better reason to celebrate.

I'm gonna miss Christmas again this year. I got sick, DH has a rotator cuff to be fixed, no decorations but a $3 poinsettia from Walmart. The kids are gone or working so no help there. DD is not coming because she can't afford another ticket for GD. I've cried over it and asked and asked and finally resorted to begging for something to be got out. Nothing. DH is bummed too so he's not inclined to do anything.

I will bake my cookies and Christmas cake and make my fancy candies and I will be happy that Jesus came to save us. I should be happy for that alone.
smile.png

But I still miss the lights.
sad.png
Don't mean to just bomb in. Newfie yeppers on everything you said. I have an attic full of beautiful decorations.Nobody here appreciates it so I don't do it. I ain't begging anyone to get in the spirit. Ruins it all.
hugs.gif

Hey all, sorry, sort of fell off the face of the planet for a bit - pretty sure there is no chance of ever really catching up - but am off to do my best. While I may not have been around you all have been on my mind and in my thoughts.....now to go read up on all you have been up to.
So glad to see ya back! No chance of catching up, just glad to see ya! Here's a hug!
hugs.gif

I know how you feel Newfie and I am so sorry. you cant help getting sick. I have a brand new tree outside and I couldnt get it carried in. That is why I decided to buy a real one . I can make a cheap stand. I may or may not decorate it because that involves going through that stuff out there but I do have the tree even if I have to prop it up in the corner.

I've used an old metal scrub bucket (very rustic) and a couple bricks for balast. If your cat climbs it like mine, you might want to tie it to the wall in a corner with rope or baling twine. It won't show and saves a mess when it gets knocked over. My criteria for a tree was always one with branches too thick for a cat to fit. Size, kind or shape were irrelevant. I was was just interested in cat proof. lol

No tinsel, if they eat it, you will be chasing around a cat with a 8" piece of tinsel with a turd on the end. They run to get away from it and it keeps bouncing and hitting them. They think somethings got them and run faster. I made quite a few laps around the house chasing my first Siamese. She was running like the devil was after her with the turd bouncing along after. I was behind with a tissue yelling no, no, stop, yuck! I wiped everything down and scrubbed with bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom