grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant sleep with a twig poking me in the back
good god...
lau.gif

Well I drink it because it's easy and tasty. Though I tend to drink more Glucerna than Ensure to watch my blood sugar, and the Butter Pecan is absolutely delicious!

it was the glucerna i just didnt know how to spell it. LOL it was protein control or something like that ? keeps you on an even keel. still supposed to be on it but ins. dont pay

Ingredients
  • Vegetable oil cooking spray
  • 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
  • 5 ounces (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 ounces toasted walnuts, chopped (1 cup)
Directions

Looks easy enough althought I am NOT using cooking spray will grease pan with butter.

1. Coat a 5-by-10-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line with plastic wrap leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides.
  2. Bring evaporated milk, brown sugar, butter, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture registers 236 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 25 minutes.
  3. Transfer to a mixer bowl, and beat in confectioners' sugar on low speed. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Increase speed to medium, and beat until mixture is thickened and smooth, 2 to 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and add vanilla and walnuts.
  4. Spread mixture in pan, smoothing top. Refrigerate, uncovered, until firm, about 25 minutes. Unmold fudge using plastic overhang, and discard plastic. Cut into 18 pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom