Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now we can say goodbye to this thread as one is now attacking another for defending the opinion of yet another...so sorry. It was a good debate until this.

It is not an attack. That is in her own words. I'm asking why anyone else thinks that saying that you hate Americans is something to defend.

Last edited:
I served in the military to defend her right to her opinion and to state her opinion, not just the opinions I agree with.
That is why our country is wonderful..there is no 'off with your head' because you spoke something that is not politically correct or your own opinion. I am open to listening to someone else's opinion. I welcome other's point of view. I am learning all the time.

I served in the military to defend her right to her opinion and to state her opinion, not just the opinions I agree with.

You defended her right to say that she hates you.

No one serves so the people they defend can hate them.

I'm pretty sure that is less freedom of speech and more along the lines of Stockholm syndrome and affection for your conquerors.

So her opinion that she hates Americans means a lot?

I'm 23, which hardly makes me elderly, but why are you valuing the opinion of someone who hates Americans and touting it like it is something to be proud of?
Anyone that has been on here a while knows I think schools teach kids to never think for their self. The fact that she does means a lot. Something rare to see before college an somewhat rare after. If she held an opinion that was completely off the wall it would still mean a lot that she was willing to voice it. I dont think her opinion is all that off the wall though. I agree with most of it.

I'm pretty sure that is less freedom of speech and more along the lines of Stockholm syndrome and affection for your conquerors.
I was not in the military. I was a EMR Firemen for 13 years. I helped people that hated me all the time. They made it a point to tell me while I was helping them. That never changed anything for me. I assume the military is the same way. You do the job cause you believe in it, not so everyone will love you.

Anyone that has been on here a while knows I think schools teach kids to never think for their self. The fact that she does means a lot. Something rare to see before college an somewhat rare after. If she held an opinion that was completely off the wall it would still mean a lot that she was willing to voice it. I dont think her opinion is all that off the wall though. I agree with most of it.
The schools no longer want critical thinking or debate of ideas. I drove a school bus in NY for 8+ years and saw the change. In all honesty the schools want students to read, memorize and repeat. Rinse and repeat. This change in the school system should scare any free thinking adult!

The schools no longer want critical thinking or debate of ideas. I drove a school bus in NY for 8+ years and saw the change. In all honesty the schools want students to read, memorize and repeat. Rinse and repeat. This change in the school system should scare any free thinking adult!
I posted a video a few pages back in this post https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/830427/great-depression-of-2016/640#post_12885170 which is about spot on about what I think schools do to kids.

Everyone should have the right to speak, even if it something you don't agree with or want to hear. Otherwise we should all just start doing the 'goosestep' now. Wait..I think the world already went through that.
I would defend the right of anyone to speak, or not speak if that is what they want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom