great horned owls and the threat to farm poults

The owl I have been plagued with tried again last night to go through some netting. This time it didn't make it because I replaced the crappy netting in this pen with some heavy duty netting and it got caught in the netting. Hubby and I got it out and are waiting for the wildlife people to come and get it. It isn't very happy.
View attachment 2038422

Wooow! Nice catch! It's a beautiful little bugger.

They only asked for my name. They had my address and phone number from when I called them. They said they would relocate it far enough away that it won't return. I think since it has broken through the netting before, it could, except I changed the netting. There was still a little netting wound around a leg but they said they would take care of it. It wasn't a happy bird.

They only told me they would take it far enough where it wouldn't come back. I'm sure they have release sites since that is their business. We have plenty of owls around here. I hear them often in the evenings in the different trees around our house talking to each other and sometimes another one next door which isn't that close talking to the ones next to my house.

Back
Top Bottom