Growing fodder for chickens

I just chuck it in the coop whole and it dissapears FAST! People may say it take hours for them to eat, but it takes mine half an hour, tops. :p

Last edited:
Sorry, again, pawtraitart, for the lateness of this reply. The chicken bones worked well in my stockpot on my woodburner. Had it there for 2 days. The turkey bones were added, and weren't doing so well. So, I took them out on the back porch and used the flat end of my kindling axe on them. Carefull!! The chips fly, and are sharp, and are impossible to get off the concrete. A tarp, ground cover of some kind is definately needed. Once the smashed arm and leg bones were replaced in the stock pot they fit much nicer, and the whole thing cooked for another day. Then into the food processor, and voila' chicken biscuits. The dogs loved this also. The iron pot on a wood fire sounds nice. I may do that come summer. Kitchen gets hot, and the wood stove isn't working.

Ok, to make sure I got this straight-

I started soaking about 2 cup of BOSS this morning. I let it soak overnight, and tomorrow morning I drain it, rinse it, and put it in trays. Then I rinse them 1-2 times a day. Do I rinse them everyday unitl I feed them to my chickens?

Ok, to make sure I got this straight-

I started soaking about 2 cup of BOSS this morning. I let it soak overnight, and tomorrow morning I drain it, rinse it, and put it in trays. Then I rinse them 1-2 times a day. Do I rinse them everyday unitl I feed them to my chickens?

I haven't sprouted BOSS yet, but in my experience rinsing more than once per day is better.

So no dirt is necessary, Just sprouted seeds,
I hope, because that is what I'm doing.
lol.png

No dirt needed.

Does anyone know where i can get wheat, barley or Boss seed either online or near washington DC?

Under $30 for a 50 lb bag of organic seed would be great. I can only use Organic seeds.

Thanks,

Tyler
You may be up a creek on that one Tyler. Even in the south organic seed runs about 65 bucks for a 50lb bag, and thats with the mill about 10 miles away. Where as feed wheat (untreated) runs me 13.50 for 50 lbs. I know of more then a few people on here that cant even get feed wheat for under $30 for 50#

Back
Top Bottom