Growing strawberries for the first time! What are you growing for the first time?

Love to hear what everyone is growing. First time planting Lima beans, my hubby loves them. Also trying garlic. Everything else is my usual. Tomatoes, peppers, sweet potatoes, potatoes, peas,and spinach. Want to try luffa sometime, maybe next year. Don't plant green and yellow beans or squash. They grow those on the farm next to us so I get as much as I need from them. So nice to have good neighbors!

I'm growing nasturtium for the first time this year!
1000006820.jpg
1000006821.jpg

We're also trying two new varieties of tomato (buffalo sun hybrid and tigerella) and broccoli for the first time. Oh, and a variety of basil we haven't tried before, emerald towers. Last year I had basil sprouting out of the cracks in my patio but every time we got close to having enough to harvest it got struck by downy mildew.

Love to hear what everyone is growing. First time planting Lima beans, my hubby loves them. Also trying garlic. Everything else is my usual. Tomatoes, peppers, sweet potatoes, potatoes, peas,and spinach. Want to try luffa sometime, maybe next year. Don't plant green and yellow beans or squash. They grow those on the farm next to us so I get as much as I need from them. So nice to have good neighbors
I tried luffa seeds but haven't had luck. Besides that and strawberries, everything else is my normal! Onions, peppers, thyme, and rosemary! I want to try garlic one day. I'll be planting marigolds and sunflowers today, probably!

Noticed my first baby strawberry the other day. I'm so excited! What are you attempting to grow for the first time this year?View attachment 3781965
We are growing Amaranth, agastache, and radishes for the first time. But, perhaps, the most unusual think is snake beans - which is actually a gourd.

Back
Top Bottom