Growing Up: Easter Egger

***if the pics are to big then refresh the page***
Littlefeet~ I think your little white girl is an EE it looks like she has the puffy cheecks, does she have green legs? If so then EE for sure. I have a white chick that looked the exact same as yours.
big_smile.png

Here are my EE!!!

Monroe
1 Day old
100_1844.jpg

1 1/2 week old
100_1903.jpg

5 weeks old
100_2020.jpg

Wild one (because her feathers have always looked like a mess)
1 day old
100_1837.jpg

1 1/2 weeks old
100_1910.jpg

5 weeks old
100_2025.jpg

top view so you can see her coloring better
100_2008.jpg

Beauty
1 week old
100_1839.jpg

1 1/2 weeks old
100_1893.jpg

5 weeks old
100_2026.jpg

100_2014.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my 3 EEs at 5 days - the striped one in front & the black on on right looking at camera
smile.png
, can just see top of head of 3rd in back but she was almost identical to front striped chick. Names are Freedom (black), Liberty & Justice - named by son because they were "Ameraucaunas"
big_smile.png
We got them at the local feed store, can't recall which hatchery the order from.
31908_041309_mon_002.jpg

Here is Freedom, the black one, the other day at 20 weeks, my favorite! Sorry, not the best pics, but they are hard to get right now
big_smile.png

31908_img_1785.jpg

Here is Justice, one of the striped chicks, at 20 weeks. Liberty, the other striped baby, looks the same, but head feathers are more red-gold and has a little more black in rump feathers:
31908_img_1788.jpg

Last edited:
Newchickmom09~ thanks for your reply! Your little Monroe looks just like mine at 1 day and also 1 1/2 weeks. Frisbee is only 2 weeks old but she looks like yours. She does have the puffy cheeks and green legs. I've gotten some more pics but she's the hardest one to capture in a "kodak moment" as she's constantly running in every direction! she almost looks like they tried to dye her as she has a blue cast down her back and a green cast underneath. I think she's going to be mostly white with brown feather tips when she's full grown.
Sure wish I had room for more chicks as there are so many different breeds/varieties as well as personalities.

I love this thread! EEs come in really pretty colors, don't they?

Here's my Olivia, at less than 1 week old:
29615_oliviababy.jpg

And here are a couple of her at almost 20 weeks. No eggs yet, but no crowing either! I think she is GORGEOUS. (I'm a proud chicken-mom)
29615_olivia1.jpg

29615_olivia2.jpg

If she turns out to be a Roo, I'm keeping "him" anyway.
I hope this thread keeps going - I'm loving the before and afters!

I agree, your Olivia is gorgeous! and I love this topic too!

I just went back through the pages and they are ALL so stunning!!

Last edited:
I will try to dig up photos of mine. I bought 3 nearly identical chicks and they were all so different when they grew up. Then I bought a 4th from the same person who also looked like the 1st 3 and he was different also. It was amazing how different they looked when grown up.

We just bought 5 chicks from the local feed store. We were told that they are Ameraucanas but I've read on the forums that they usually turn out to be EE's. What do you think? I'm a little nervous...if they are really Ameracaunas they will be small and have small eggs, but EE's are larger right? My son has been waking up every morning saying, "Mommy, I want baby chickens!" We are in love with them either way.

Back
Top Bottom