Growing Up: Easter Egger

Thanks for sharing the link I didn't know that EE's came in soooooooo many different colors! I have several colors which I thought was pretty neat!
big_smile.png

Hello, we have one EE female right now. She's insane, cuddling up to us one minute and running away the next. What a nut! Here she is at only a few days:

EwokSnooze.jpg

And here she is in the middle. She's just over 2 weeks old right now (not in the pic), we'll keep ya posted!

ThreeNewBabies.jpg

That link was awesome! It is so amazing how they all grow up so differently even though they start out very similar. I have 2 day old EE's that I hatched and I cant wait to see how they grow and change (although I am enjoying their cuteness the way they are now).
smile.png

Here are some pics of my hatchlings:
CIMG5201.jpg

CIMG5204.jpg

hope this works!! Roll over the pics for the ages,,, 2-22days old.. and growing FAST!!! The EE's are the biggest baddest ones I have...

I really want to change Muffin's name to RAPTOR! She's the biggest, Toughest one!

Last edited:
tinyscrafts: Muffin may be a cockerel...LOL! I had 8 EE "pullet" chicks, last spring and one of them was whitish (like Muffin) at that age. He became a very handsome roo and the father of 3 chicks hatched by a RIR.

10146_img_1661.jpg

10146_dsc_0303.jpg

He is a very nice roo, BTW. Has never bothered me or the kids in any way. He is also a benevolent leader of the 2 silkie roos and an up-and-coming BO roo.

Last edited:
That definitely has occured to me!
hmm.png

That's why I ordered one extra bird. They are all supposedly females sexed at belt hatchery. The other EE is also big and sort of pushy and my Barred rock even has a little comb looking thing... I'm nervous. We'll see I guess. If they are boys they have to go!

After seeing all of your pictures, I'm not sure my little EE Frisbee is actually an EE. MPC said it was but she doesn't look much like your's. She's the little light one looking to the right, right in the middle. What do you think. Her wings do have brown tips so I could see her turning into a mostly white hen with brown tips but????

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/36770_img_6226.jpg

Oh and I know this is supposed to be "before and afters" but I don't have an "after" yet. Will post later when she's grown.
hmm.png

Blast! This is take two because I deleted my last message somehow
hmm.png

I have loved this thread because I am so anxious to see what my two EEs will look like. They are both so sweet and absolutely gorgeous. Bonnie is a monster compared to my little Ester. (Don't know if that means anything)

Here they are at 2 days, 1 week and 2 weeks. Each week I post new pictures of all five of my chicks...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=38106

Here's Ester:
38106_ester.jpg
38106_ester_1.jpg
38106_ester_2.jpg

And Bonnie:
38106_bonnie.jpg
38106_bonnie_1.jpg
38106_bonnie_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom