Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

Pics
Yes I did scotch guard my tablecloth. It looks as beautiful today as it did the day I got it. It washes great and goes right back on the table. Of course I have another one Speckledhen gifted me with that I rotate the two now. Both have been scotch guarded.

I completely forgot about the other one I gave you. Good to know that the treatment really does protect it well!

I have 3 yards of this coming. I have to do a quilt with this fabric. I love it. It has Isaac and Rex and Atlas on it.

Last edited:
I do, too. It will be here on Saturday and we will see what other colors I need to go with it, maybe some yellow-gold and some red.

The table runner is complete, signed and dated and decided to auction it on BYC to give the members first chance B4 putting it in the Blue Roo web store or Etsy.

Link in sig line for auction

Showing the back fabric:

Last edited:
Got some new fabric today from Thousands of Bolts (love that place). Two of them, the ones with the blues and golds, are because I liked working with the color family of the previous table runner so much. The fall/nature one was just because I loved it. And then there is the rooster fabric, pictured with others I already had as coordinating fabrics to feature with it in a quilt. May add a deep, rich blue or purple for some extra color punch.

May use this deep purple as color punch-what do you think with the other colors?

Will use these in other projects, of course, not the rooster one.

Last edited:
I love that rooster fabric! How completely appropriate.

I like the purple with it. Personally, my other choice would be an emerald-ish green, just as an accent/pop. It would have to be a green that went well with the gold and red, though. Green can be tricky.

I love that rooster fabric! How completely appropriate.

I like the purple with it. Personally, my other choice would be an emerald-ish green, just as an accent/pop. It would have to be a green that went well with the gold and red, though. Green can be tricky.
Good idea! Green is my favorite color, purple second and the combination of the two my favorite combo. I don't think I have any greens that would work here, mostly forest greens, some sage-y tones, etc, which I doubt would are the right choices here. Let me see what's in my stash. The three closest Walmarts, though they thankfully do have fabric departments, have very limited selections. Sometimes, when you must have a definite shade of something, Thousands of Bolts is not the easiest way to pick-they do have color selector tools, and I adore that site, but with monitors skewing color, etc, I've gotten a couple of things that weren't exactly what I expected, just a shade or two off, or more brown than green, or more gray than the green I thought I was getting.

These three are the darkest greens I have right now, but none seem right. The darkest one is the closest, but it seems a bit dull to me. I can get more of it, being just a blender fabric, fairly common, but still, I think I need a better green if I went that direction.

Last edited:
Agree none are quite right. I've never tried to buy fabric over the net but can imagine the difficulty picking up color shades on a monitor--I know the problems we have telling shades of a bird's legs....I can only imagine matching fabric!

Agree none are quite right. I've never tried to buy fabric over the net but can imagine the difficulty picking up color shades on a monitor--I know the problems we have telling shades of a bird's legs....I can only imagine matching fabric!
Exactamundo! When I have to have a certain shade, I do buy in person, but it's hard to find places to do that around here. There is a nice little quilt shop with what used to be good prices at a local flea market just over into NC, but the owner left it to her friend to run and it's not the same anymore. I haven't been there since I found out the owner moved up north.

I tend to avoid using green and red together because I don't like the "holiday" look and that's definitely something I want to avoid completely. Green is my favorite, but red is my least favorite-this chicken wire fabric is a more muted red, though, so pretty nice, but if it's paired with green, it may take a direction I'm not sure I'd like.

I removed my Tennessee Waltz quilt from the big zippered bag she's been in for almost two years and almost cried. It had gone in ironed after being washed to remove any smoke smell from the house fire, but it was so wrinkled, I was afraid another ironing would stretch it more than what it may already have been stretched-it looked like someone had bunched it up and sat on it for a week; but she's pin-basted and she is going to be quilted, dang it! I wasn't going to wait another day to get this project rolling again. This will be on my bed this spring, come hell or high water.
rant.gif

Last edited:
We have some similar tastes--I'd not thought about the red and green, but I'm also not into the holiday color pairing. I guess the purple would be a better choice.

You go on the quilt!

Back
Top Bottom