Guess the Breed--Horse!

Yes, 1/2 Welsh with a ???? Mom got let out by a smarty pants gelding good with doors. He also let out the long yearling colts ( various breeds sport ponies)in their pasture, along with a lot of other mares and geldings in the barn. Good thing the stallions were kept in another barn.
Yes, he was rehomed. They ended up with 3 foals from that.

Maye

Ride the Glide....Got Gait....I do...

Welsh/Haflinger?
Okay, Welsh/Icelandic?
All I know is what was told to me about her. Her mother was a purebred Welsh. Sire could of been any of about 15 long yearling colts of various breeds. Some of the breeds were Welch, Haflinger, sport crosses and a couple of Icelandics. They run the colts together until 2 yo. then evaluate and geld. But the cross did make a very nice pony. Maye Ride the Glide....Got Gait....I do...

What breed IS this beautiful animal??? I came across it on my Facebook page.
I don't know a lot about horse breeds, but I always loved the look of friesiens, and thought of those because of the furry legs. Is it a mix? So pretty! Maybe Clydesdale mix?? I'm just guessing....I was hoping someone could tell me.

Looks like a Gypsy Vanner, as they are known on this side of the pond. You can pick one up for around $10k here... Or you can go to the UK where they are known as Cobs/Gypsy Cobs and are a dime a dozen and buy one for around £500 (~$800).

They're pretty cute to look at but there's no way I would want to deal with all of that hair. I prefer riding to endless brushing :)

Back
Top Bottom