Guinea talk.

Pics
Those poor birds. I feel bad for them and worse for y'all! We have a cold front coming through tomorrow bringing some much needed rain. The forecast for Thanksgiving is 76 degrees. If we ever get snow here, they probably won't get their usual morning treats. I'll be bundled up in the bed.

Oh, D - the snow just makes us tough old birds, up here in the north country. I look forward to having an excuse for acting like a little kid to go sledding down our hill. Gotta love it or leave it! Bundle up down there in the south with your cold front of 76 degrees coming through. Maybe wearing some of those guinea fowl leggings will help! Happy Thanksgiving!

Really would wear the leggings if they'd fit
1f648.png

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

I got the fridge all cleaned out and my shopping for the Thanksgiving meal is complete. If I don't have something I need we will do without.
big_smile.png
I'm working on mopping the kitchen floor tonight and then I'll get up early in the morning to put the turkey in.

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving and god bless.

was up early this morning to feed and hopefully find a thanksgiving deer but no luck in that factor. Turkeys and Guineas are eating together which is a prayer answered.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Any luck with a post Thanksgiving deer? Did you get snow? Sometimes that helps move them around a bit. My husband got one after the snow fall and we spent two days butchering and wrapping - he was a big one - 190 lbs. Do you donate some of the venison to the homeless as well? What a great idea to give some of your produce! I'm sure it's needed and appreciated. So good to hear that everyone is getting along. Maybe you could let me borrow a few of yours to teach mine some manners. They still like to dart and chase a lot! No injuries - so I will count my blessings with that.

Any luck with a post Thanksgiving deer? Did you get snow? Sometimes that helps move them around a bit. My husband got one after the snow fall and we spent two days butchering and wrapping - he was a big one - 190 lbs. Do you donate some of the venison to the homeless as well? What a great idea to give some of your produce! I'm sure it's needed and appreciated. So good to hear that everyone is getting along. Maybe you could let me borrow a few of yours to teach mine some manners. They still like to dart and chase a lot! No injuries - so I will count my blessings with that.
No snow and no deer, I went out to check didnt see a thing but they must have winded me because they ran in the woods behind my house when i went to feed the birds. No The venison we use year round to add something different to the menu, besides pork, beef and poultry. Ours bolt allot too, but when it comes to feeding everyone heads to their spots to eat, I am now feeding with three different bowls so everyone gets their share of food.

They do like to eat bugs in your yard and they will allert you to anything strange going on. They have great personalities and are fun to watch. They make great pets. I love my guineas I can't say enough good things about them.

Back
Top Bottom