Gun ban!

I can't quote on this device, but Rebel, New York did not ban bottle feeding babies. They did ban free formula give-away bags at hospitals (something I agree with. Never understood why we welcome heavy corporate intervention in our lives when so opposed to, well, whatever government involvement we decide we don't agree with...often from a source of...government), but there is no ban on formula itself. I do not agree with what they then decided to do, which is lock up formula, which a new mother must specifically ask for (or have a medical need for), and must be signed off by the hospital with a lecture delivered to the mother about the health benefits of breast feeding. Not offering formula unless specifically asked for is perfectly acceptable to me, but the rest is completely over the top in my opinion, and invasive. That said, there is no ban on bottle feeding.

As for guns, I happen to think that a country with atomic bombs and other heavy arsenal ultimately cares more about what cut of the money you get than whether or not one can own a boom stick. I am personally strongly for the right of a law abiding citizen to bare arms, but the fact that for some it is the only major concern (and often one based on sensationalized and incorrect information), perhaps with some other hot-button lobby group driven fears thrown in, is deeply unfortunate.

which is lock up formula, which a new mother must specifically ask for (or have a medical need for), and must be signed off by the hospital with a lecture delivered to the mother about the health benefits of breast feeding.
That is what I was referring to but yes, you are right that it is not an outright ban.

I am all for encouraging breast feeding but this is forcing it.

Thats what happens when the government creates a hyper inflated market by banning a easy to get an heavily used product. In the 1920, gangs were fighting an killing each other to get their share of the booze money. Now we are repeating the same mistakes with pot.

The war on drugs kills way more than any drug ever could.
The war on drugs is about money, not stopping drug use.

Back
Top Bottom