Gun ban!

Man that video. I can only say I'm glad a couple good ol' boys are doing that. I would hate to see thugs doing this.. although maybe they are?. I really don't know and I'm not trying to stir up any bad emotions. I'm on the fence on this issue but I lean right, our constitution was very clear on this subject.. but I wonder if there is a point we allow the second amendment and then the point we restrict it. Like... what normal person needs a 100 round magazine? You can argue it is easy to load 5 mags and shoot just as much but there is a difference. Again. I don't believe in control but I wonder when we should start to restrict.

My opinion is that anything that is standard issue or similar to standard issue to any military on the world should fall under our second amendment. Blackbeard had an armada of ships heavy with cannons an used them to sack towns so the idea that one man could kill hundred is not new when it was wrote. They knew that no matter what the weapon, As long as everyone is equally armed the crazies will lose for lack of numbers.

Last edited:
I do not need to be a rocket scientist to KNOW that RP has as much chance at winning as a snowball would have in hell. The 1 or 2 % of the vote that he 'does' get will more than likely just re-elect Obozo for another 4 years of despair...I can't see how 4 more years of Obozo could in any way be a 'good' thing for our country.

You folks get what you ask for... (because you fail to realize the consequenses of your actions)

So let me get this straight: Romney and the RNC go out of their way to make sure Paul supporters know that they aren't welcome in the Republican Party, and then say "Vote for me!" Is that about right?

YOU, DobermanGuy, are responsible for the actions of the people you vote for. I am, as well. Romney and Obama are both known quantities, and they are the same. I refuse to take part in destroying every last freedom we have, which Obama and Romney will both continue working with Congress to do.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost" - John Q. Adams
"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

Voting based on party takes no courage. The masses are often wrong (they voted in Obama... and Bush... and Clinton... and Bush... and so on and so forth), so why should I care who they've chosen as their candidate? I don't. I genuinely do not give a crap about who's likeliest to win. This is not a freaking horse race. Why are you so willing to gamble with everyone's freedoms? Is it really so hard to stand up and say, "No, I will no longer vote for petty tyrants?" They're not going to arrest you for it - yet. You're not going to be punished for it - yet. Take a stand while you're still allowed!

If you vote for Romney, and Romney wins, you will get exactly what you asked for - a pathetic, arrogant little fascist (and yes, the term "fascist" is being used accurately) who likes banning guns and socializing healthcare.

"Democracy is the idea that the people know exactly what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken

I think the republican party is nearing a change. You see the Rick Santorum people who put religion before everything else and want this country to operate like it is 1950. Then you see people like Q9 and rebel, younger individuals who seem more concerned about spending and the economy than social issues. I think if Obama wins this cycle we will see more candidates like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. This election has been one of the biggest for third party candidates. Many of you know I am against GOP ideas and a lot of that stems from their stance on social issues. If the GOP branched off and formed two parties I might seriously consider voting for one.

edit: I am just guessing here and I'm not saying you guys don't put religion first. I have just seen you both talk a lot more about fiscal policy than social issues. if I am wrong I apologize, not trying to put words in your mouths.

Last edited:
I find it sad that in some states the government is so large they can dictate how big of a soft drink you can buy. Next thing is no more foot long hotdogs has to be 8 inches or less. Law should never and can never dictate morality.

Is it really true that in Detroit young people shoot each other because of a difference of opinion in supporting sports teams? If so how can you accept this as a way of life? More to the point, why would you want to?

I find it sad that in some states the government is so large they can dictate how big of a soft drink you can buy. Next thing is no more foot long hotdogs has to be 8 inches or less. Law should never and can never dictate morality.
That would be the city of New York. The same city that banned bottle feeding babies. They also ban guns for anyone but cops cause they say we might shoot the wrong person in a shootout with a bad guy. But last month 2 cops shot 9 bystanders with 14 rounds in a shootout with a man that had 2 bullets... Its ok for them though.

Is it really true that in Detroit young people shoot each other because of a difference of opinion in supporting sports teams? If so how can you accept this as a way of life? More to the point, why would you want to?
Dont know about sports teams but they do kill each other over gang wars every night. Its a dog eat dog culture issue.

In cities like Detroit, different colored sports jerseys usually is a sign of different gangs. Around here we don't have problems with gangs, they stick to urban areas. For some reason they find the prospect of facing a bunch of gun toting "hillbillies" to be unnerving.
roll.png

Thats what happens when the government creates a hyper inflated market by banning a easy to get an heavily used product. In the 1920, gangs were fighting an killing each other to get their share of the booze money. Now we are repeating the same mistakes with pot.

The war on drugs kills way more than any drug ever could.

Back
Top Bottom