Gun Owners and Non-Gun Owners should come to a Meeting of the Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
if this was to me, well i was misunderstood, i was argueing that it is OK to have auto weapons. i was saying why I Would want to own them. at first i didnt understand WHY on earth somone would own guns like that, untill i met some of these ppl, And shot those guns myself. i would LOVE to own an auto range to 1 make money from ppl like those on dhs boat, and 2 expose ppl to the FUN of shooting something like that. its the same concept as cars You dont NEED a porsche, but DANG they are FUN TO DRIVE. the tercel does the same thing, so therefore no one needs t own a porsche, right?

Quote:
No, but comparisons between the current government and Nazi Germany are just plain flat out silly. If y'all want to get partisan in this thread, fine. I'm very good at that. I have some strong opinions and facts about the previous administration where it comes to personal rights. But you will just see the thing locked down.

Not that it matters, of course. Once a discussion succumbs to Gadwin's Law, all rational discourse is pretty much done anyway.

lol.png

The comparison is not specifically about the current government. It's generally about the potential of any government, current or future.

Quote:
Not that it matters, of course. Once a discussion succumbs to Gadwin's Law, all rational discourse is pretty much done anyway.

lol.png

For those who dont know:

Godwin's Law: (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies) is a humorous observation coined by Mike Godwin in 1990, and which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As a Usenet/forum discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches."

Here you go right here:

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have." -- Thomas Jefferson

Ann gets it as did 'old T.J.

Last edited:
right horsejody , and considering that some gov officals *recently* (trying not to get political and mention names) wanted to send in the ARMY to apprehend, criminals on American soil without even Telling anyone says that Obviously threats to our freedoms come when we are not even aware of them and that we really need to hold our weapons close! obviously we are not as safe from our own government as we like to believe

Quote:
Those old guys who founded this country, barely remembered now, didn't mince words. Having staked their lives on what they believed, they referred to this as..."enemies, both foreign and domestic."

Quote:
Yes, look what happened in New Orleans after the storm. The Natl Guard and law enforcement confiscated weapons from law abiding people. The government should not have the power to disarm the populace.

Quote:
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have." -- Thomas Jefferson

Can you tell I like this one?

Quote:

Can you tell I like this one?

It's a good one, and it's a very prophetic statement. Unfortunately, the sheeple like the warm and fuzzy feeling they get from being told how well off they are and how they always will be taken care of. The sheeple wear blinders and believe that because we live in fairly decent times, it will always be that way. The sheeple see no need to preserve a right enshrined by wise people to ensure that citizens of our country have a means to stand against tyranny. Even if the politicians mean well, it's a slippery slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom