H.O.A. (Home Owners' Assassination)

Bobby Basham

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 20, 2012
Tucson, Arizona
Hey Folks, hope you all are having a blessed Sunday.

Anyhoo, y'all have seen my plans before about getting a kennel with planter boxes around it and hardware cloth underneath and up all sides. My only issue is that the kennels I like are 6 feet tall and my back yard walls are barely 5 feet. I could deal with a 4-foot tall one, but the length/width are too small on the ones I've seen. I haven't seen anything in a 5 foot height, which would be ideal, since I am vertically challenged. I wanted something at least 10x10 for about 4-6 hens max.

I live on a "peninsula" with a culdesac in front AND back, so no nude sunbathing and spa tub here...LOL. I emailed the HOA about the height issue, and here's what she had to say:

Oct 17 at 1:29 PM

Robert,

I have sent this request to the Board, however it is requested that I have this on the Board agenda for review by the Board and we are requesting you are present so that they may review with you. The meeting is to be held next Thursday 24th and will be at 7196 S. Canterbury Tale at 6pm. Thank you.

My goodness, the neighbor accross the street has some HUGE wooden pergula-type playground thingie that extends at least 6 feet above the wall, and I had plans to have my kennel sorta covered with some climbing vines and vegetation so as not to be an eye sore. Things here are not permitted if they can be seen from the street, but it's not fair when I'm exposed front and back. I could get away with it if my house were backed up to a wash or the desert. --BB

Bobby Basham
Tucson, Arizona

Hey Folks, hope you all are having a blessed Sunday.

Anyhoo, y'all have seen my plans before about getting a kennel with planter boxes around it and hardware cloth underneath and up all sides. My only issue is that the kennels I like are 6 feet tall and my back yard walls are barely 5 feet. I could deal with a 4-foot tall one, but the length/width are too small on the ones I've seen. I haven't seen anything in a 5 foot height, which would be ideal, since I am vertically challenged. I wanted something at least 10x10 for about 4-6 hens max.

I live on a "peninsula" with a culdesac in front AND back, so no nude sunbathing and spa tub here...LOL. I emailed the HOA about the height issue, and here's what she had to say:

Oct 17 at 1:29 PM

Robert,

I have sent this request to the Board, however it is requested that I have this on the Board agenda for review by the Board and we are requesting you are present so that they may review with you. The meeting is to be held next Thursday 24th and will be at 7196 S. Canterbury Tale at 6pm. Thank you.

My goodness, the neighbor accross the street has some HUGE wooden pergula-type playground thingie that extends at least 6 feet above the wall, and I had plans to have my kennel sorta covered with some climbing vines and vegetation so as not to be an eye sore. Things here are not permitted if they can be seen from the street, but it's not fair when I'm exposed front and back. I could get away with it if my house were backed up to a wash or the desert. --BB

Bobby Basham
Tucson, Arizona
I'm with you brother. My husband and I will never buy another house with a HOA. If I gotta pay for it I want to be in charge.

Back
Top Bottom