Haircut or ??

RaeleneC

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2020
I have a 3 month old girl, she can see her food dish. But when I put treats like lettuce and such down in a bowl, she seems to not be interested? I’m wondering if she can’t see? Should I cut around her eyes??

Attachments

• 753DA495-45AD-41D6-B410-2A9C4A78D3FC.jpeg
    753DA495-45AD-41D6-B410-2A9C4A78D3FC.jpeg
    749.2 KB · Views: 15
I have a 3 month old girl, she can see her food dish. But when I put treats like lettuce and such down in a bowl, she seems to not be interested? I’m wondering if she can’t see? Should I cut around her eyes??
As cute as it may look, but these overgrown crests leave Polish and Silkies extremely handicapped as they have trouble with orientation and often fall prey to hawks or other predators because of their obstructed view.
Some even starve slowly to death with owners that think them broody and do not recognize that their immobility is caused by lack of vision.

So yes, trim back all the feathers obstructing her view!

If you can see her eyes she is fine, but if you cant, then trim. have someone help you or put her crest in a hair tie, and closely trim off the extra.

Back
Top Bottom