HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

woot.gif

Boo!

I have 13 eggs under my Indian Runner. (Started with 20). They should be hatching, but nothing but internal pips so far. Lost 2 (dead at 27 days and 5 were rotten. Wondering what I should do with the rest. Put them in the incubator to finish hatching, or leave them with momma and hope for the best. She was off her nest for 2 hours today!! Normally she doesn't leave for more than 10-15 minutes. I candled several and checked on one and the membrane is almost all white, instead of transparent. Air pockets are showing that they should be hatching today. What should I do??

Any thoughts? I'm really worried about them. This is her first batch.

Today is day sixteen, and it doesn't look like any of the eggs are going to make it. I can only be sure that one was doing anything, and it has a blood ring.
hugs.gif

Quote: 100+ year old farm and it's never seen anything like this.
We could've done without the extra work and headache the flood caused, but there's so many places getting extreme weather.
A tornado hit 4 separate farms to the west of us, missed us and came down further east of us. So it could always be worse.
th.gif

Thanks for the hug.
smile.png
We've lived and worked at this place for 25 years. We acquired it in 2011.
We had a fire (the big shed with black stripes is the replacement), a power surge that cooked everything electrical on the farm, the flood/flooding and now the rats...lol.
It'd be nice to catch a break for a while...lol.

I know it's early but I figured I would share the hatch just this morning I moved 6 Ayam cemani and 2 Hmong chickens. Anyone not familiar with them they are a fibromelanistic bird meaning all black mouths feet skin meat bones and organs. The svart honas I have didn't hatch. But have no fear I am on a weekly hatch now. They are all black to how scary for Halloween.

These r my non breeder svart hona rooster with diff age groups. Please do check out my forum I dedicated to my grandfather as there is a lot of birds and great info. Called building paradise for the birds
Back in black.
love.gif

So far with my Indian Runners, 4 have hatched :weee and 1 has externally pipped last night. I had to help a malpositioned duckling out, which had externally pipped 48 ago and it's doing really well!

Just wondering, what can cause hatches to be late? Our first duckling hatched on day 29, and we still are getting pips and ducklings on day 31!

Boo! 

I have 13 eggs under my Indian Runner. (Started with 20). They should be hatching, but nothing but internal pips so far. Lost 2 (dead at 27 days and 5 were rotten. Wondering what I should do with the rest. Put them in the incubator to finish hatching, or leave them with momma and hope for the best. She was off her nest for 2 hours today!! Normally she doesn't leave for more than 10-15 minutes. I candled several and checked on one and the membrane is almost all white, instead of transparent. Air pockets are showing that they should be hatching today. What should I do??

Is she back on he nest?

:hugs  

100+ year old farm and it's never seen anything like this.
We could've done without the extra work and headache the flood caused, but there's so many places getting extreme weather.
A tornado hit 4 separate farms to the west of us, missed us and came down further east of us. So it could always be worse. :th
Thanks for the hug. :)  We've lived and worked at this place for 25 years. We acquired it in 2011.
We had a fire (the big shed with black stripes is the replacement), a power surge that cooked everything electrical on the farm, the flood/flooding and now the rats...lol.
It'd be nice to catch a break for a while...lol.

Back in black. :love

:hugs sounds like a labor of love, my husband and I keep looking for a bigger property and farm :fl someday

So far with my Indian Runners, 4 have hatched :weee and 1 has externally pipped last night. I had to help a malpositioned duckling out, which had externally pipped 48 ago and it's doing really well!

Just wondering, what can cause hatches to be late? Our first duckling hatched on day 29, and we still are getting pips and ducklings on day 31!
woohoo!! Could be hot/cold spots, or if under a broody, laid at different times

So, I got a new AC rooster and he is gorgeous:

And now I have to decide whether or not to start setting eggs! I wanted to wait until three weeks were up to be sure he was he father but it's ridiculously tempting to just go for it.

And now one of my ducks is laying too. I said I was done for the year, darn it!
Interesting. Those birds will always freak me out.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Well I had some good news. The eggs in my inubator from @TJChickens are safe. A vet said that MS wouldn't transfer from egg to egg or unhatched egg to hatched chick, so I had someone come collect the hatched D'Uccles and the eggs and transport them to a new home and bator away from my place. 7 D'uccles hatched here before they got removed.

Now I have 4 Biele eggs pipped and 2 Ameraucana eggs pipped. ^_^

Yay!!!!
That's good news, Saris!

Boo!

If you know they are ready and she is off the nest, warm up the incubator and transfer when it is stabilized.

Quote: Interesting.
X2

Makes me think of an airplane hanger.
love.gif

A baby quail has internally pipped!
woot.gif

I can hear it peeping and pecking...lol.
Great! Good luck with the hatch!

So far with my Indian Runners, 4 have hatched
wee.gif
and 1 has externally pipped last night. I had to help a malpositioned duckling out, which had externally pipped 48 ago and it's doing really well!

Low temps can cause hatches to be late.

Back
Top Bottom