HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Our little early bird was out yesterday morning. It's super cute and was a really fast hatcher. Not sure on color and it is either not pure silkie or not good quality as it only has four toes whoch isn't a big deal to me but after hatch it had a clearly defined comb. I'm thinking boy probably. Poor baby is all alone for several days. It would be too cold in our house without a heat lamp and the cats would go nuts. It's hanging out in a large strawberry container in the bator. Hopefully the hatch will go a little early.

:fl hopefully its cheeping will encourage the others 

Thanks yeah I hope so but not too early. The friend I got the eggs from is visually impaired and I would guess that the egg in question had about 5-7 days development when we got the eggs so who knows. I was very surprised it made it also some of the others could have had some development that I didn't know about though they didn't have veins yet.

Down to 26 from 41, weeded out the infertiles and 3 bad blood rings and one that was apparently cracked and oozed out all over the Turner, that's gonna stink

Our little early bird was out yesterday morning. It's super cute and was a really fast hatcher. Not sure on color and it is either not pure silkie or not good quality as it only has four toes whoch isn't a big deal to me but after hatch it had a clearly defined comb. I'm thinking boy probably. Poor baby is all alone for several days. It would be too cold in our house without a heat lamp and the cats would go nuts. It's hanging out in a large strawberry container in the bator. Hopefully the hatch will go a little early.

Maybe you could do some little peep-peeps to him to encourage it to do so also. It might encourage the rest of them to come out of their eggs and join him?

Quote: (Well I guess I have been hatching since August last year...so I guess he's kinda right when he told me I'd been hatching all year)
gig.gif

The basket is 2 teeny, weeny, cutie Old English Game Bantam babies
love.gif
; one's from Olga and I think the other's Louise's.
And there's one of those funny chickens that showed up out of the EEs.
The rest are EEs.
celebrate.gif

Down to 26 from 41, weeded out the infertiles and 3 bad blood rings and one that was apparently cracked and oozed out all over the Turner, that's gonna stink

Bummer but at least you still have some :fl

(Well I guess I have been hatching since August last year...so I guess he's kinda right when he told me I'd been hatching all year):gig

The basket is 2 teeny, weeny, cutie Old English Game Bantam babies :love ; one's from Olga and I think the other's Louise's.
And there's one of those funny chickens that showed up out of the EEs.
The rest are EEs. :celebrate
so he won't be surprised when you set more, great news!!!

Quote: That's how I started. I only had two hens at this time last year.
hmm.png

I'm only getting 10-14 eggs now.
Yep, and then I reached your amount. And then all hell broke loose!
hide.gif

But people will want laying hens in the spring. So that's what I told hubby...lol.
hu.gif

I think he's on board for moving all my roosters to their own building.
We just have to clean it out.
sickbyc.gif

Quote: He's been asking me for about three weeks when I was going to be done hatching...I keep saying "soon."
gig.gif

I guess he would've let me get some heritage Ameraucauna/Black Leghorn hatching eggs yesterday so....
I'm taking it as a "sort of" yes.

He knows I'm hard to live with.
gig.gif

Last edited:
That's how I started. I only had two hens at this time last year. :/  

Yep, and then I reached your amount.  And then all hell broke loose!  :oops:

But people will want laying hens in the spring. So that's what I told hubby...lol. :confused:
I think he's on board for moving all my roosters to their own building.
We just have to clean it out. :sick

I used to have about fifty (or was it sixty?) some birds. But I had egg customers. Now I give the flock a dozen eggs a day.

Back
Top Bottom