HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Lockdown day! I guess I had a bit of an early start lol
Two were infertiles that I missed somehow the three khaki eggs have lots of movement. The 21 mix breed chicken eggs are showing lots of movement and great development. So excited for duckies
Good luck!

All 5 eggs hatched!
Congratulations!

All my serama eggs have pips!

two are mals but chirping!! yes I pulled and checked those two
hide.gif
yesss.gif

Good luck with the mals.
Quote: Awwwwwww

I candled my (5) 15 day eggs under our hen tonight. All 5 look great!!!! I am soooo excited now to count down the days and see those babies!
Good luck!

Been following this site for a few months. Decided to build a homemade incubator a few days ago, and try to hatch first batch of eggs. I've been able to keep the temp in the 99-100 degree range and humidity at/around 50-55
%. Drove several hours for some fertile Svart Hona eggs a to hatch. A friend has a broody hen (none of mine hang out on their eggs, hers do) so i have placed my little prizes into her hands and i kept 4 for my little bator. 4 days until candling. Fingers crossed...if my incubator fails, what is your favorite cheap smaller in home incubator, for a hobbist?

Last edited:
A drone, like someone's controlling it and randomly spying on you, drone?..... cue eery music here.

Yes, the little spy! I had a camera in my hand too..why did I wave and not take a photo? Aren't those things expensive? Kids have drones? I want one..
big_smile.png

@Sally sunshine was right! I guess i will have eggs one way or another
smile.png
I just happened to win 6 Ayam cemani eggs! Hopefully they ship well and hatch good
smile.png
are they from cj? they ship very well!

my styrofoam incubator spiked to 110 at least. I pulled eggs from there and put them in the brinsea. I think they are fine, We will see on tuesday!

Been following this site for a few months. Decided to build a homemade incubator a few days ago, and try to hatch first batch of eggs. I've been able to keep the temp in the 99-100 degree range and humidity at/around 50-55%. Drove several hours for some fertile Svart Hona eggs a to hatch. A friend has a broody hen (none of mine hang out on their eggs, hers do) so i have placed my little prizes into her hands and i kept 4 for my little bator. 4 days until candling. Fingers crossed...if my incubator fails, what is your favorite cheap smaller in home incubator, for a hobbist?
love my hovabator. I got the humidity kit and the auto egg turner (about $300). If you want something cheaper and smaller I started with a little magicfly and had a successful hatch with that as well (about $80-holds 9 or so eggs-I usually hatch seramas I can fit 12 comfortably). People swear by Brinsea but I would rater invest in a cabinet because I seem to hatch more than I thought (it's addicting like everyone says!). Good luck with your eggs and welcome! ps i am not handy so I haven't tried to build my own but so many people on here are successful with theirs!

Back
Top Bottom