HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

Chick 1 hatched!!
smile.png
I will get better pics later
yesss.gif
wee.gif

Congrats to everyone with pips and new chicks! My Ayam Cemani eggs have arrived! Hoping for a good hatch
smile.png
wee.gif

My candling flashlight is dead and I keep forgetting to get new batteries
barnie.gif
I want to see what's going on in there, darn it!

I started using my cell flashlight ap alot, sometimes I swear its better than my 3000 Lumens! I think because the light is so tiny !!

oh cool!!! an extra? or cause you cant have roos?
I can't have roosters. I'm trying to rehome about 15 or 20 of them right now. The really pretty, unusual ones I'm hoping someone will want. The plainer, more common ones are destined for the fridge....

I have 2 or 3 bantam EE's, LOTS of full size EE's, 1 Ayam Cemani, 1 Frizzled EE/Barred something, 3 really beautiful barred/EE boys - I think from my Dominique hen/EE roo, a Copper Maran, a white roo - I have no clue what he is, and about 6 silkies.

In the pen that has the bulk of the teenage roos - only the bantam EE's are crowing. I have a friend that is letting me keep most of these roos in his yard. He's allowed to have them, and he has 5 of his own roos that are crowing much louder than my bantams.

So, if anyone in Southern CA wants a couple of new Roos - let me know!

The one in particular that spurred me to write it was someone telling another member that it was guaranteed that their roosters would become aggressive and attack them when they matured. I had seen that a bunch of times and decided it was time to put that and other myths to bed so I wrote the article :)

Nice article. I like my current two roosters. My showgirl is very nice. My easter egger rooster runs away from me, which is better than sneak attacking me. I had a bantam old english mix and he was very nice. Unfortunately a possum got him. I was going to keep this really beautiful black tail wheaten maran rooster but he was a complete jerk when he matured. Sweet as could be until then. I ended up giving him away. But I've definitely had a mix of personalities when it comes to roosters.

looks like 13 are out! hard to get them all in the same shot,a few fully zipped and a couple that just pipped.this is my second hatch and wayy better than the first. the ducks have no pips but i know they take a bit longer, kinda wondering if the chicks kicking them around will be bad for them.
im fairly certin i would have been ok with 1 sponge...

Back
Top Bottom