Pics
:barnie The last couple days my darn hen has been spending SO much time off her nest. She appears to be going many hours without sitting, and it seems like even though it's been in the mid eighties that's too long for her to be taking a break. :he Multiple times the egg has been cold to the touch. I'm not very optimistic that this chick is going to hatch. :hit It's day 17 and tonight I'm going to try and candle. Should I be able to see movement?

:barnie The last couple days my darn hen has been spending SO much time off her nest. She appears to be going many hours without sitting, and it seems like even though it's been in the mid eighties that's too long for her to be taking a break. :he Multiple times the egg has been cold to the touch. I'm not very optimistic that this chick is going to hatch. :hit It's day 17 and tonight I'm going to try and candle. Should I be able to see movement?

My dove eggs were cold this morning (parent was sitting in front of them :he). This is the second time it's happened. I'd say they'd been cold all night but both eggs are still alive and wriggling (I candled them this afternoon) so don't give up hope. Those little embryos are amazingly resilient. They are going to be late, but I'm amazed they are still going.

My dove eggs were cold this morning (parent was sitting in front of them :he). This is the second time it's happened. I'd say they'd been cold all night but both eggs are still alive and wriggling (I candled them this afternoon) so don't give up hope. Those little embryos are amazingly resilient. They are going to be late, but I'm amazed they are still going.
You're totally right about them being resilient, I just candled and the chick is definitely moving!:celebrate Now I have to play the waiting game, and it's so AGONIZING. :fl

Back
Top Bottom