Hands on hatching and help

they was to hatch Saturday one assist was born yesterday and one today.So one day late and 2days late.Out of the live ones 3 hatched on their own 2 was assists.i have seen different answers to this question what is the humidity supposed to be from day 1 to day 18 then lock down humidity.i may have messed up with reading different answers my temp stayed at 99 to 99.5 but my humidity day of lock down would range from 80-85 and from day 1 to 18 was 65-70 I bought a less expensive incubator n having a hard time controlling humidity temp seems correct,I also bought a temp n humidity unit that I mainly go by got it at home Depo is there a good brand to buy?
Humidity varies between people and hatchers variables. Many people find that a low humidity incubation works best. I run dry when I can, and aim for 30% overall unless my air cells are showing that I need to change that I consider anything over 45% for the first 17 days too high. (Again, unless the air cells show differently) For the silkie eggs I needed to run 45%. This is my answer for finding what humidity is working for your eggs: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

99.5 is on target for forced air incubators, but 101-102 is where you need to be for still air with those temps taken at the tops of the eggs. Which incubator do you have? (make and model) and is it still or forced air?

Humidity varies between people and hatchers variables. Many people find that a low humidity incubation works best. I run dry when I can, and aim for 30% overall unless my air cells are showing that I need to change that I consider anything over 45% for the first 17 days too high. (Again, unless the air cells show differently) For the silkie eggs I needed to run 45%. This is my answer for finding what humidity is working for your eggs: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

99.5 is on target for forced air incubators, but 101-102 is where you need to be for still air with those temps taken at the tops of the eggs. Which incubator do you have? (make and model) and is it still or forced air?

X2

Back
Top Bottom