Hands on hatching and help

Yeah I agree about the China made incubator I don't go by their readings but a digital temp and humidity one! And the incubator always reads different for humidity temp is much on point

WV said what I was going to. My nephew made the mistake of buying one and nothing on it was right. He regretted buying it.

Can hatching eggs be an addiction even if you're not very good at it ??

I realize I need one of those small incubators. I have two of the big Styrofoam ones but I need something smaller.

Suggestions ??

Yes and I'd say Brinsea

For those of you with the Chinese knockoff incubators - do NOT trust the unit's meters! Get an independent hygrometer and thermometer (or more is even better) and test for accuracy. Ignore the unit.

Xs 2 to the 10th power! ;)

It's been awhile since I hatched mine but I think it was the same as chicks. 65 to 70 percent

Yup

I have a Zoo Med, dual gauge set for reptiles (just a different color than the one you're looking at).... be sure you check the hygrometer (salt test). On mine, the temp was good, but at low humidity the hygrometer was 7-9% higher than the acu-rite digital gauge. However, when I raised my humidity (70%) at lockdown, both gauges read the same....bizarre!

I put a piece of masking tape on the back of the Zoo Med gauge with the amount I need to subtract, so for reference, it's there if I forget.....

Back
Top Bottom