Hands on hatching and help

The way I look at it even a slow recovery is still recovery. I'm so proud of me!! I had a chance to get some barnyard mutt eggs from another lady here in town and I said........... "No, thank you!" Yep, I did!! That's almost as huge as turning down a cigarette yesterday when Kendra was in surgery. Well, not quite the same. I didn't take the eggs. I did take the smoke. I know, don't say it - I don't wanna hear it and I've already said it myself.
:hugs not a word from me just :hugs

hugs.gif
not a word from me just
hugs.gif
That I WILL take gratefully!

So adorable!! Thanks for the pics! Do you let them free range? Do you sell eggs?

Thank you! Just wait till I start posting them with their adoptive broody mom, lol. I really want to see how those brownish ones start to feather in. Also, yes, and yes, I will be selling next spring :) Not this year though because I only have one hen and she's vanished - probably off somewhere on a nest :rolleyes:

I have a super round egg in the incubator right now too. Must be the same girl laying all these round eggs. Candle and find the air cell, then you'll always know what end is up!
I do not have a specific day that I lockdown. I lockdown once I see the first couple eggs starting to draw down. And on a few occasions I've stuck in an egg or two a day after I set. 24 hours does not make a real difference. Watch your air cells and pick a day and lock them all down.
Ummm...I'm surprised it's not peeping at you!! Looks like you will have a pip very soon! :celebrate
Did you get the cradle. It's different for everyone I can see because I fill both my wells to the tippy top (without the cradle and I only hit 40%. So I also add a little cup of water. Do you have a seperate hygrometer that's calibrated?
Me neither!!! It's driving me nuts! Let me know if you figure out why!
So adorable!! Thanks for the pics! Do you let them free range? Do you sell eggs?
Check the blue liquid to make sure it didn't seperate. Do you have a calibrated thermometer?
I always run 100.

The blue isn't seperated.. my hygrometer is part of my thermometer. I only paid 7 dollars for it though and the first one I got was broke.. :(

I thought that was the temp for still air? My book say 98 to 99 f for forced air and 100 to 102 f for still air?
99.5F for forced and 101-102 for still, (taken at the top of the eggs. I would not run 98 for forced for any length of time, I'd prefer 100-100.5 ad I wouldn't run still less than 101.

99.5 is the goal temp for forced air and 101.5 measured at the top of the egg is the goal temp for still air. 98 is too low and will cause slow development and possibly developmental problems in the embryos.
What she said.

The way I look at it even a slow recovery is still recovery.

I'm so proud of me!! I had a chance to get some barnyard mutt eggs from another lady here in town and I said...........

"No, thank you!" Yep, I did!! That's almost as huge as turning down a cigarette yesterday when Kendra was in surgery. Well, not quite the same. I didn't take the eggs. I did take the smoke. I know, don't say it - I don't wanna hear it and I've already said it myself. <sigh>
Pat yourself on the back..if it was me it would have been a pack instead of one!!!
hugs.gif

I have a super round egg in the incubator right now too. Must be the same girl laying all these round eggs. Candle and find the air cell, then you'll always know what end is up!
I do not have a specific day that I lockdown. I lockdown once I see the first couple eggs starting to draw down. And on a few occasions I've stuck in an egg or two a day after I set. 24 hours does not make a real difference. Watch your air cells and pick a day and lock them all down.
Ummm...I'm surprised it's not peeping at you!! Looks like you will have a pip very soon!
celebrate.gif

Did you get the cradle. It's different for everyone I can see because I fill both my wells to the tippy top (without the cradle and I only hit 40%. So I also add a little cup of water. Do you have a seperate hygrometer that's calibrated?
Me neither!!! It's driving me nuts! Let me know if you figure out why!
Check the blue liquid to make sure it didn't seperate. Do you have a calibrated thermometer?
I always run 100.
I'm clueless at this point....
hu.gif

Raptor died
sad.png
This winter, not sure what happened. But here are my two broody cemani hens:

Awe.. Sorry to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom