Hands on hatching and help

It hatched! I did some zipping and it kicked really fast! It has some membrane on its neck/head? Do I need to remove it or will it fall off? The inside of egg has a little clear/light yellow goo...is that a bad sign or ok

? It's moving around chirping and trying to stand up!!! :D

That's great! If the membrane isn't hindering its ability to move, you can leave it and eventually it will wear off. It will just take a couple days before it fluffs up. If it hinders movement or is really bugging you, you can wash it off with warm sudsy (blue dawn) water. Just make sure not to get water in it's little nose holes. Congrats!

It hatched! I did some zipping and it kicked really fast! It has some membrane on its neck/head? Do I need to remove it or will it fall off? The inside of egg has a little clear/light yellow goo...is that a bad sign or ok

? It's moving around chirping and trying to stand up!!! :D

:clap

I had gone to bed last night and happened to think, I forgot to ask if that air cell was that low, or if it pipped below the air cell. Because if it missed the air cell, they can take longer to actually hatch, since they usually internally pip for ~24 hours, then externally for ~24 hours.

But I'm sure glad it hatched ok! Congrats! Please post some pics when it gets fluffy!

Well I give up on this turner :barnie I tried to glue it back together with the special plastic glue after difficulties with the regular superglue (it actually did stick, only problem was it actually glued itself to the turner motor part so it couldn't pivot and it just snapped back apart as it tried to turn) and it held together but then wouldn't slide back over the part it needed to slide over and when I tried to push it back over it broke back apart. So I've emailed Brinsea.

Back
Top Bottom