Hands on hatching and help

Here is the little one you helped me hatch :)

It's a polish mixed with a Millie fleur bantam.

It's toes were a bit curled and the right leg a tiny bit crooked so I did my first attempt at bandaid boots lol. I think I made them too big though. I don't think it has splayed legs or tendon issues, but I am not 100% sure so may need to make a leg brace also? Oh my goodness this this one has taken up all my time today and last night lol! Glad my family was happy to ring in the new year with my chicks lol! It made an exciting time for my kids for sure!

Looks to me like you did just fine, just as you did with the assist! You caught the feet thing early, so you can sure hope for a good outcome! Been there...but in my case it was severe frostbite in a broody hatched chick.

Our poor little chicks....the ultimate insult is becoming a duck before they've had a chance to be chicks!
lau.gif

Looks to me like you did just fine, just as you did with the assist! You caught the feet thing early, so you can sure hope for a good outcome! Been there...but in my case it was severe frostbite in a broody hatched chick. Our poor little chicks....the ultimate insult is becoming a duck before they've had a chance to be chicks! :lau
Ugly ducklings!! Lol :lau Aww your little one is so pretty! What breed?

Here is the little one you helped me hatch :) It's a polish mixed with a Millie fleur bantam.
It's toes were a bit curled and the right leg a tiny bit crooked so I did my first attempt at bandaid boots lol. I think I made them too big though. I don't think it has splayed legs or tendon issues, but I am not 100% sure so may need to make a leg brace also? Oh my goodness this this one has taken up all my time today and last night lol! Glad my family was happy to ring in the new year with my chicks lol! It made an exciting time for my kids for sure!
The mom was the Polish hen you lost, right? Looks like you did great! You can trim them close to the toenails if you feel like it, but they will straighten out quickly this early. Do you have others hatching? Congrats on an adorable chickie!
Looks to me like you did just fine, just as you did with the assist! You caught the feet thing early, so you can sure hope for a good outcome! Been there...but in my case it was severe frostbite in a broody hatched chick. Our poor little chicks....the ultimate insult is becoming a duck before they've had a chance to be chicks! :lau
:lau what's wrong with being a duck??!? :D

Ugly ducklings!! Lol
lau.gif

Aww your little one is so pretty! What breed?
That was the famous Easter Egger we had. His name was Scout, and his saga is the stuff of legends! You can read his entire story by clicking on Frostbitten feet, the Adventures of Scout, one of the links in my signature.

The mom was the Polish hen you lost, right? Looks like you did great! You can trim them close to the toenails if you feel like it, but they will straighten out quickly this early. Do you have others hatching? Congrats on an adorable chickie!
lau.gif
what's wrong with being a duck??!?
big_smile.png
Nothing at all wrong with being a duck....unless you came out of the egg expecting to be a chicken!
lau.gif

That was the famous Easter Egger we had.  His name was Scout, and his saga is the stuff  of legends!  You can read his entire story by clicking on Frostbitten feet, the Adventures of Scout, one of the links in my signature.

Nothing at all wrong with being a duck....unless you came out of the egg expecting to be a chicken!  :lau

Good point :oops:

:lau

Good point :oops:

:lau

I held some baby ducks this week at the feed store and it was all we could do not to bring them home! They are so soft and adorable!! Maybe one day...

And yes, this baby chick is the child of my favorite polish that was just recently killed by a hawk. I am so very thankful I was able to help this "special to my heart baby" survive!

I held some baby ducks this week at the feed store and it was all we could do not to bring them home! They are so soft and adorable!! Maybe one day...

And yes, this baby chick is the child of my favorite polish that was just recently killed by a hawk. I am so very thankful I was able to help this "special to my heart baby" survive!

Don't look at any goslings ;)

By the way, I will totally be spamming this thread with gosling pictures once my geese start laying.

Back
Top Bottom