happy ending pics,,, thnak you every one

jkm

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Forest Grove
Miss broody is out of the kitchen with six chicks, all is well, and thnaks everyone, has taken me all day to fiqure out how to get camera to work with new programs,, thnaks so much, all look happy and are eating welland mom is starting to groom a bit.

buffy002-1.jpg

How sweet is that?!!! I have no roo's (hopefully) so I really enjoy seeing the pics of moms & chicks - I can live vicariously. Congratulations!
smile.png
smile.png

these were the ebay eggs, so virgin birth mom, he he, lived in a crate in my kitchen for a month, just got them squared away yeaterday. I have to go to work tomorrow , so my mom baby sits,,,

buffy is doing a good job with them thanks every one and chciken board.

I was worried about how much weight she lost, she was a comfy 10 lbs, now is pretty scrawny in the chest, and she needs a dust bath bad. I tried to slip her some scratch and grit, and sigh, the chicks were all over it.
my goal is to get her down the yard to the dust wallow in a day or so.
I am being careful with a covered pen for her and the chicks, I have five birdfeeders and several aggreesive jays and hawks in the area, not to mention starlings, and miss buffy is not fast....
smile.png

It was so cute how she tucked them allinto the dog crate at bedtime last night. I have well crate trained chickens.
Crating her was the best advice I got from the board, she stayed clean, seperate, fed, and warm. and now the chciks just jump in the crate.

since they were in the kitchen as eggs, they know us already, and are unafraid, in fact they spent time watching us, i swear, matching faces to voices. after all, the pre chirpping is how mom and them know each other.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom