Happy Hatching's hatch along thread šŸ£

Pics
Wow, you're sort of lucky. I had eggs accidentally go into Georgia one time ( they were supposed to be going to upstate SC) but that's the only time my eggs have ever had any go over state lines. But honestly I'd rather comply with the rules that sneak by. You know, rather safe than sorry? Plus when you are selling hatching eggs a lot of people will want proof that you are NPIP. And I want to make sure that my flock is completely clean of two major diseases.
I got ahold of a tester who said she will come Feb 10th and for $20 she'll test all 14 adults of mine per the NPIP. When I explained what I'm doing, she recommended I get what's called Wisconsin Tested Flock certification. It's the same tests for either, but less stringent as thereafter, each year she just has to come here and test one bird. This is not available to those wanting to show their chickens; those have to be NPIP certified.

So this is why I said earlier, it would be nice if all the states would do the same thing. :confused:

I got ahold of a tester who said she will come Feb 10th and for $20 she'll test all 14 adults of mine per the NPIP. When I explained what I'm doing, she recommended I get what's called Wisconsin Tested Flock certification. It's the same tests for either, but less stringent as thereafter, each year she just has to come here and test one bird. This is not available to those wanting to show their chickens; those have to be NPIP certified.

So this is why I said earlier, it would be nice if all the states would do the same thing. :confused:
Wow that's awesome. I'm paying like almost $300 for bands, tests, and the pullorum tester to come out. I think I need to move to Wisconsin LOL

Wow that's awesome. I'm paying like almost $300 for bands, tests, and the pullorum tester to come out. I think I need to move to Wisconsin LOL
I only laughed because someone who lives in a nice warm climate saying they need to move to Wisconsin is funnier than heck. At least we have good soup!

I am sorry that your testing is so expensive though!! That's crazy! The breeder I buy fancy silkie chicks/eggs from does the pullorum testing at the poultry swaps for $5 per bird.

Wisconsin.jpg

I only laughed because someone who lives in a nice warm climate saying they need to move to Wisconsin is funnier than heck. At least we have good soup!

I am sorry that your testing is so expensive though!! That's crazy! The breeder I buy fancy silkie chicks/eggs from does the pullorum testing at the poultry swaps for $5 per bird.

View attachment 3735152
Okay yeah definitely good point....I could never handle the weather. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ South Carolina weather is ridiculous though. It got the coldest a few days ago and it was 18. Four days later we're seeing 76.

Never done a hatch-along before so I don't know if I'm doing this correctly, but could I please have #EE7? For some name ideas maybe Muffin or Snowflake would be cute?
Absolutely. You just pick a egg an cheer it on. I will be candling in a few days so we'll see who all is developing.

Back
Top Bottom