Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I have a couple of "turner" questions ...

Does the turner keep turning the same direction like a merry-go-round, or "backs-up"?

Because the inner rings of eggs is smaller diameter ... which means they would get turned less ... do you have to swap them out with the "outer-ring" eggs?

As shawlovesbirds mentioned, it turns in one direction but I didn't move any of my eggs other than to space
them evenly after I removed the infertile eggs, so it seems to turn them sufficiently as it didn't affect my hatch with the inner eggs. If you mark your eggs like I did you'll be able to confirm that none are getting caught up or anything, that gave me peace of mind. I did put mostly my smaller eggs in the center but one was very large and still hatched. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything to rotate the location when candling like mentioned above but I didn't find it necessary.

I just bought one last week as well and set eggs on Sunday! I hope I have a great success rate. Have always used the styrofoam one (forgot the name) provided for me for my classroom. This is my first hatch at home with my own eggs, thanks to my rooster! ❤️
View attachment 1692153

I hope you have a great hatch! You'll have to keep us updated! ❤

The incubator itself looks awesome as heck! BUT........ what I don't like about this incubator is that it only does increments of 0.5 degree and not 0.1 degree!!!!! That is the deal breaker of the century!!!!!! WHY, oh WHY did you do that Harris Farms?

When I checked it against my other thermometer and hygrometer it was perfect so I didn't try adjust anything. I wasn't even aware of the 0.5 increments because I didn't have to change it but I guess it didn't make a difference in my case. What are you hatching that you would want it at a setting other than 99.5? Just curious.

As shawlovesbirds mentioned, it turns in one direction but I didn't move any of my eggs other than to space
them evenly after I removed the infertile eggs, so it seems to turn them sufficiently as it didn't affect my hatch with the inner eggs. If you mark your eggs like I did you'll be able to confirm that none are getting caught up or anything, that gave me peace of mind. I did put mostly my smaller eggs in the center but one was very large and still hatched. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything to rotate the location when candling like mentioned above but I didn't find it necessary.
That's good to know!

The incubator itself looks awesome as heck! BUT........ what I don't like about this incubator is that it only does increments of 0.5 degree and not 0.1 degree!!!!! That is the deal breaker of the century!!!!!! WHY, oh WHY did you do that Harris Farms?
Is kinda of odd but not necessarily a deal breaker...
....are you sure it only reads in 0.5 increments?

Is kinda of odd but not necessarily a deal breaker...
....are you sure it only reads in 0.5 increments?
I think it's in 0.5 increments, I remember someone saying it and I was like..... OK, that is a deal breaker for me. Everything about the incubator seems soo good too, I mean, it looks fantastic...... and from what I've read it holds temp and humidity well, and they've since fixed those 2 issues but damn, that temp adjustment of 0.5 is just just.... UGGH.

Post #8 in this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/nurture-right-360-incubator-okay.1221033/
Says ".5" (sorry I don't know how to link directly to that post)
Thanks...that's odd.
Wonders....is it the adjustment and the readout?

Here's how to link post(laptop):
right click on post number then click 'copy link address'.
upload_2019-3-6_19-39-27.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/nurture-right-360-incubator-okay.1221033/#post-19560009

Back
Top Bottom