Harry horse & Charlie adventures! Horse chat & much more! Everyone welcome!

Pics
So he’s feeling much better this morning and is walking better too. He’s totally hyper though with feeling better and is raring to go, I can see today being interesting! He did have a bit of an unsettled night but that’s to be expected. He’s gobbled his breakfast down, catching up from yesterday I guess when he couldn’t have anything. Will pop back in later with an update :)

Have you considered giving him a Kong chew toy or a bone or hoof or something to chew to keep hom occupied?

I’m going to call at the pet shop on my way home this morning from Harry horse to get additional toys and chews. He already has a bag full of stuff but we need more to swop them about! A kong is def on my list :D

So he’s feeling much better this morning and is walking better too. He’s totally hyper though with feeling better and is raring to go, I can see today being interesting! He did have a bit of an unsettled night but that’s to be expected. He’s gobbled his breakfast down, catching up from yesterday I guess when he couldn’t have anything. Will pop back in later with an update :)

I’m going to call at the pet shop on my way home this morning from Harry horse to get additional toys and chews. He already has a bag full of stuff but we need more to swop them about! A kong is def on my list :D

Glad he's filling better!

And that sounds like a good plan!

Kongs are good cause you can stuff them full of peanut butter or whatever he likes and him keep him occupied longer.

Although if he's a strong chewer you'll want the black/extreme one but if not the regular red or puppy one should be fine.

I don't know if you have anything similar to a Tractor Supply or feed store there but I got a bag of hooves from TSC and Gator loves them even with nothing on them. He'll just grab one and gnaw away. Though sometimes I do put something in it. They might have them at a regular store too. Or bully sticks, he loves those too. But some chews might require a bit more supervision.

I'm sure you know all this though having Mac.

But one thing is I wouldn't recommend rawhide. It's dangerous for dogs if swallowed

Thanks for the update Kim! Glad he's feeling better but being hyper is worrisome...poor guy just doesn't understand the need for rest. It's hard to keep a good dog down.

It is worrisome and trying to find that balance is proving difficult but I’m sure we will get there in the end.

Glad he's filling better!

And that sounds like a good plan!

Kongs are good cause you can stuff them full of peanut butter or whatever he likes and him keep him occupied longer.

Although if he's a strong chewer you'll want the black/extreme one but if not the regular red or puppy one should be fine.

I don't know if you have anything similar to a Tractor Supply or feed store there but I got a bag of hooves from TSC and Gator loves them even with nothing on them. He'll just grab one and gnaw away. Though sometimes I do put something in it. They might have them at a regular store too. Or bully sticks, he loves those too. But some chews might require a bit more supervision.

I'm sure you know all this though having Mac.

But one thing is I wouldn't recommend rawhide. It's dangerous for dogs if swallowed

My plan on the kong failed yesterday, all they had were the regular red puppy ones and he would shred that! His teeth are still sharp! They have an order coming in next week of the black one’s so I have asked they put one on hold for me. I did manage to get some other pretty strong chews though which are keeping him happy :)

How is Keeper doing today? :)

He’s good thank you Leyla :) Full of beans but we have put him out in his run for a while today. He’s always been good in there from being a puppy and it’s done him the world of good today! His run outdoors has always been part of his routine so it’s been nice to have a little of that back today. He was settled in there with a chew, had a little nap in his kennel then wanted to come out. Thankfully he has been good in there. No running, no jumping and quiet!

Back
Top Bottom