Harry horse & Charlie adventures! Horse chat & much more! Everyone welcome!

Pics
I now have a spy watching the other liveries to make sure they throw their muck up on the heap! :lol:

5857DB1E-2B75-4BF7-BBD3-D51FB55F1914.jpeg

Len in my block is hopeless and is no good at spying! Laying down is his only forte in life!

76D284B4-BC0A-47E3-826E-28948079FD52.jpeg

This got posted on our livery WhatsApp group. I have the symptoms :gig

View attachment 1577060
:lau I've been wondering about this, because I think I've only seen one or two pics of Harry without a blanket (Americanism) on. We raised TBs for years, and never even had blankets to put on them, even the foals. Of course, it doesn't get much below freezing here, so they didn't suffer... and rolling in the mud was a glorious thing for them. Anyway, hope you can get some help. :D

Glad Kitty came back. She is very cute!

Do you know I’m absolutely fuming right now :mad: Yes it’s bonfire night so to avoid the performance of Kitty not being in the house like the other night I fed her early and thought as soon as she is finished I will get her in before the fireworks start. Some absolute idiot in the next street set a firework off in daylight right above our house!!! :barnie Needless to say Kitty has now done a bunk! My birds absolutely papped their pants & flew all over in the run. I’ve spent over an hour & half trying to get Kitty out of the neighbours bramble hedge but she’s that scared because fireworks are now in full swing she won’t come to me :(

Now I’m not against people having or enjoying fireworks but to let them off in daylight when folk have not had chance to get their animals in & safe really boils my ........
Poor Kitty and birds, so awful for them.

Good to see you have a helper making sure everyone does their bit to keep the yard tidy. I only have myself to blame that mine is such a mess.

I am desperately trying to motivate myself to ride but my body is really stiff and aching. I walked and jogged 4.5 miles yesterday leading Cora whilst my sister rode MeMe who was absolutely full of it, but thankfully doesn't do anything worse than pull...not that my sister isn't more than capable of dealing with misbehaviour. Cora was keener than I expected too and really strode out. I wonder if she is feeling as stiff as me today! I've put her back on Bute and I'm on Ibuprofen. Forgot to say thanks for the info re Voltarol being Dichlofenac. Can I use that and take Ibuprofen do you know. I might give it a go anyway. I'm using deep heat topically on my knee at the moment which does help.

My neighbour's chickens got hit by a fox yesterday so I'm on high alert! I've seen it crossing the road away from my land late at night, so I know there is one local but it makes you very tetchy when you know it has now acquired a taste for chicken.

May be back later to wave a flag or two.... but don't hold your breath!!

Hi Kim

Well just in case you did hold your breath, I'm back to fly yet another flag
CC71C9B0-9629-4D9A-AA99-E79518182ED9.gif
. I did about 4 miles on Rebel and got back just as the light was fading at 4pm. He shouted a lot of the way because it's a long time since he has been out on his own, but he was very good, apart from when we met a tractor on a single track road. He had already got a fright because a car came round a sharp bend behind us and with there being some puddles that it splashed through and him being a bit anxious because he was on his own, he over reacted. Got the car past us and then 100 yards further on was the tractor heading towards us and no where we could go to avoid it. The farmer very kindly stopped when I asked him and switched the engine off and I managed to push him on past it but the minute we were clear, he set off at a gallop up the road. It took me another 100 yards to get him pulled up a bit but the good thing is that he never once bucked the whole time we were out. He was very sweaty when we got back, but at least we both got back safely yet again. It is Rascal's turn tomorrow. Hope we have the same result!

:lau I've been wondering about this, because I think I've only seen one or two pics of Harry without a blanket (Americanism) on. We raised TBs for years, and never even had blankets to put on them, even the foals. Of course, it doesn't get much below freezing here, so they didn't suffer... and rolling in the mud was a glorious thing for them. Anyway, hope you can get some help. :D

Glad Kitty came back. She is very cute!

I’m bad and have 17 rugs for Harry :oops: Harry is a bit of a whimp when it comes to cold and we are in the UK!

Good to see you have a helper making sure everyone does their bit to keep the yard tidy. I only have myself to blame that mine is such a mess.

I am desperately trying to motivate myself to ride but my body is really stiff and aching. I walked and jogged 4.5 miles yesterday leading Cora whilst my sister rode MeMe who was absolutely full of it, but thankfully doesn't do anything worse than pull...not that my sister isn't more than capable of dealing with misbehaviour. Cora was keener than I expected too and really strode out. I wonder if she is feeling as stiff as me today! I've put her back on Bute and I'm on Ibuprofen. Forgot to say thanks for the info re Voltarol being Dichlofenac. Can I use that and take Ibuprofen do you know. I might give it a go anyway. I'm using deep heat topically on my knee at the moment which does help.

My neighbour's chickens got hit by a fox yesterday so I'm on high alert! I've seen it crossing the road away from my land late at night, so I know there is one local but it makes you very tetchy when you know it has now acquired a taste for chicken.

May be back later to wave a flag or two.... but don't hold your breath!!

No wonder you feel stiff & sore walking & jogging all that way! Only in an emergency will I run, far too many bits wobble now :lol:

Ugh on that fox! Hope it stays away but very worrying now it’s had a taste. That’s how we got that one that killed all my birds a few years ago. Even though it killed all my birds and only left one body behind it still came back for 3 consecutive nights looking for more until it met its match against the 12 bore.

Hi Kim

Well just in case you did hold your breath, I'm back to fly yet another flag View attachment 1583955. I did about 4 miles on Rebel and got back just as the light was fading at 4pm. He shouted a lot of the way because it's a long time since he has been out on his own, but he was very good, apart from when we met a tractor on a single track road. He had already got a fright because a car came round a sharp bend behind us and with there being some puddles that it splashed through and him being a bit anxious because he was on his own, he over reacted. Got the car past us and then 100 yards further on was the tractor heading towards us and no where we could go to avoid it. The farmer very kindly stopped when I asked him and switched the engine off and I managed to push him on past it but the minute we were clear, he set off at a gallop up the road. It took me another 100 yards to get him pulled up a bit but the good thing is that he never once bucked the whole time we were out. He was very sweaty when we got back, but at least we both got back safely yet again. It is Rascal's turn tomorrow. Hope we have the same result!

I can breath again! Phew! I had total faith in you Barbara :clap I thought about getting on H today but the weather was heading our way! It was dark dark angry looking sky heading right for us! So I thought better of it. I was literally dragging them in from the field before it chucked it down!
BC48E754-E91A-42BF-9A0A-6037BD516C34.jpeg

It chucked it down here too Kim just as I was tacking up. Ian thought I was mad to head out in it but it eased off as I came out of the stable and by the time I was in the saddle it had pretty well stopped and apart from it pattering on the leaves of the trees a bit when we were cutting through the woods, it held off. I must confess if the sky had looked like that I probably would have thought better of it too!

Back
Top Bottom