Harry horse & Charlie adventures! Horse chat & much more! Everyone welcome!

Sounds like Tally's got a bad case of cabin fever.
In the spring-summer, will Malcolm be able to be outside?
My grandfather kept desert tortoises (southern California) in his garden for decades. They would occasionally dig out. About the time he and grandma moved up here, the tortoises dug out and into a neighbor's yard and they asked to keep them. It was a perfect solution so the tortoises didn't have to make the move.

But she goes out for a walk twice per day also. Not just on the lead either she can run & run & run in the fields so goodness knows what has gotten in to her :lol:

Yes when it’s T shirt weather Malcolm will be able to go outside in the sun. I’ve just started looking at an enclosure for him so that he’s safe whilst outside. I’m sure all three dogs would think he looks like a tasty little snack! Plus the blooming buzzards that are always circling over our house and the sparrow hawks that swoop in to catch the garden birds.

Were your grandfathers tortoise quite big? Sounds like things worked out great there for him and the neighbor.

Aw, she's getting there.
Looks like Keeper doesn't want to share Charlie! He has to draw the line somewhere, I guess.

She is slowly but surely! Yes Keeper is not keen on sharing. Especially when Tally gets on his bed with him :hmm Plus Charlie having a girlfriend has also put his nose out of joint... Charlie is all his....

Re: grandpa's tortoises- Yes, the time I saw them, they were well over a foot long.

Several years ago, I came home to find my big dog chewing on a large rock, which was a very strange thing for her to be doing. On closer inspection, I saw it was a turtle! We don't have many turtles here... not close to a place with year round water source... so it was very surprising to see a turtle. We figure it got washed down the creek in the torrential rains that year and got lost. Luckily, Belle didn't hurt it other than a few scrapes on the shell, and I found a good place to let it go.

Tally is a teenager, yes? She is at the mercy of her hormones! :lol:

Re: grandpa's tortoises- Yes, the time I saw them, they were well over a foot long.

Several years ago, I came home to find my big dog chewing on a large rock, which was a very strange thing for her to be doing. On closer inspection, I saw it was a turtle! We don't have many turtles here... not close to a place with year round water source... so it was very surprising to see a turtle. We figure it got washed down the creek in the torrential rains that year and got lost. Luckily, Belle didn't hurt it other than a few scrapes on the shell, and I found a good place to let it go.

Tally is a teenager, yes? She is at the mercy of her hormones! :lol:

Wow Wishing that was a lucky escape there for the turtle! It wasn’t one of those snapping ones was it? :lol:

Well I hope those hormones settle down soon! Another day here of craziness!

Little Malcolm was stood up eating today :love Can’t stop looking at him! He’s so much more agile than I ever thought he would be.
37ED41F5-2CBC-4D64-8A98-03EC255F1FD2.jpeg

@rebrascora

How’s it going Barbara? I hope you have had thermal’s on today! Crikey it’s been cold down here. Had a dusting of snow last night and it’s still there where the sun hasn’t got today
D4D7E3B6-8F69-4972-A08C-36B4A1A79CA6.jpeg

Hi Kim

All good here thanks but yes very cold!
I haven't had a chance to figure out the Freelander problem yet but tyre seems to be holding the air we put in it, so it's not something as simple as a puncture unfortunately. I actually haven't had it out since Sat as I'm trying to walk whenever possible.
Love that you got a tortoise and what a great set up for him. Malcolm seems like a bit of an odd choice of name though. Is there a story behind it or was he already named when you got him?
Nice hay stacks.....very neat and no doubt you will keep them that way. I've been letting my chickens free range in the yard and I need to put them on your yard facebook group or whatever it is so that they get the messages from you about keeping things tidy because no sooner do I get my muck heap tidied up than they scratch it all half way across the yard again. It is lovely to let them free range again but I forgot how much mess they generate and how time consuming egg hunting is. I have a few nesting spots that I have set up around the yard to satisfy their need to be sneaky and I see them settle into one of these spots and others queuing up to get in there and I hear the egg song coming from that location but when I go back 2 hrs later there are no hens or eggs there. Some go back to the official nest box to lay but I have a gut feeling that others have a secret stash somewhere and in these temperatures they will be frozen and spoiled by the time I find them. They are just giving me the run around at the moment though and will end up getting kept in again if they don't cooperate.
Afraid I still have not flown a flag this year yet. My sister came over today to help me secure my rubber mats which were starting to move and I was having to realign them every day which was taking it's toll on my back and knees. We decided to drill and bolt them down.
Most horses would take exception to someone drilling in their stable , especially with a masonry bit on hammer drill function but Rascal came over and just about had his nose on the drill, quite mesmerized by what we were doing. After a while and lots of kisses and nuzzles from him(he has a bit of an ear fetish which can be distracting when you are working), he realised that we were not going to give him the attention he craved so he backed into MeMe who was standing in the farthest corner of the stable minding her own business and threatened to kick her. I doubt he really would have done it but I couldn't risk it and he ignored a verbal telling off, so of course I had to leave my work and go and deal with him and he ended up getting the attention he was seeking after all. He is a funny lad.... he will share food and treats without batting an eyelid but when it comes to attention from his Mam he is very protective and will get really aggressive towards any of the others that try to muscle in on his "special time". Of course on this occasion, he wasn't getting attention so he decided to do something that would mean that he did. Rascal by name, rascal by nature!

She is slowly but surely! Yes Keeper is not keen on sharing. Especially when Tally gets on his bed with him :hmm Plus Charlie having a girlfriend has also put his nose out of joint... Charlie is all his....

Dogs do NOT like "their" mates having any relations with others! :lol: Lollie goes nuts when Judd and I even SIT next to each other. If we sit on the couch and hold hands, Lollie play bites and growls at Judd. :gig Lollie thinks I am his! :lau

Little Malcolm was stood up eating today :love Can’t stop looking at him! He’s so much more agile than I ever thought he would be.
View attachment 1650903

:love

Back
Top Bottom