Harry horse & Charlie adventures! Horse chat & much more! Everyone welcome!

Leyla, that is really useful to know. Thanks. Do you normally take a 6 in a ladies shoe? I usually find boys shoes are more generous both in width and length and whilst I am generally a ladies size 5 or occasionally a 6, I can sometimes get away with a 4 in a boys shoe.
I guess I need to find somewhere that stocks them and do some trying on.

Barbara, I have big feet. LOL I wear a US size 8 womens so that usually equates to a boys size 6. If they carry a 6.5, many times I end up going a bit bigger than the 6. You might check out them out somewhere! If you can find a size of Ariat that fit, you won't be sorry!

Now my trouble with shoes, boots & trainers is that they are all different sizes depending on brand. Sometimes even the same brand but different styles are different. I have quite narrow feet so the Ariat seem ok for me but..... my original older Ariat boots are a size 6 but this new pair I have are a 5.5 with ample room. Go figure :confused: I have 3 pairs of trainers (different brands) ranging from a 6 to an 8. Just like jeans & jodpurs they are all different even when they say the same size!
Still wearing the new boots in the house but going to give them a breaking in session on Harry tomorrow morning...
I am going to fly a
EB7398C3-0C09-4985-85EA-086F0361D8C8.gif
for yesterday in the little arena on Harry and another
EB7398C3-0C09-4985-85EA-086F0361D8C8.gif
for a hack out on Lottie this morning :)
My friend and her daughter came over so I rode Lottie, my friend rode Harry and her daughter rode Saffy who my friend usually rides. Saffy was a little gem! Saffy quite happily plodded along behind us two. Was really weird seeing someone else riding Harry! Especially when I was looking up from teeny tiny Lottie :lol:
5CF60D3D-3C90-4891-8AEA-E93C695C3723.jpeg

Not sure I was ready for this pic to be taken, looks like I was about to blurt something out :oops:

Now my trouble with shoes, boots & trainers is that they are all different sizes depending on brand. Sometimes even the same brand but different styles are different. I have quite narrow feet so the Ariat seem ok for me but..... my original older Ariat boots are a size 6 but this new pair I have are a 5.5 with ample room. Go figure :confused: I have 3 pairs of trainers (different brands) ranging from a 6 to an 8. Just like jeans & jodpurs they are all different even when they say the same size!
Still wearing the new boots in the house but going to give them a breaking in session on Harry tomorrow morning...
I am going to fly a View attachment 1737067 for yesterday in the little arena on Harry and another View attachment 1737067 for a hack out on Lottie this morning :)
My friend and her daughter came over so I rode Lottie, my friend rode Harry and her daughter rode Saffy who my friend usually rides. Was really weird seeing someone else riding Harry! Especially when I was looking up from teeny tiny Lottie :lol:
View attachment 1737064
Not sure I was ready for this pic to be taken, looks like I was about to blurt something out :oops:

Love Lotties furry legs! :lol: Yes, all of you look a little "caught off guard"!

Love Lotties furry legs! :lol: Yes, all of you look a little "caught off guard"!

They sure are “furry” & thick with it! Becky (Lottie’s owner) came with us on the bike because even though she’s pregnant she is still wanting to get some exercise but she’s no good at photography! No warning that she was actually snapping away :lol:

Belated Happy Birthday, Kim!
pastel-styled-party-for-spring-2016-1.jpg

I love little Lottie. What sweet looking horse. Is she a particular breed? You seldom see draft horses here.

Thank you Wishing that’s very kind :)
Lottie is a traditional coloured cob ~
The traditional cob which refers to animals of varying frames and conformation but most commonly characterised by their colouring – they are usually piebald or skewbald – and that they are kept with long manes and tails and fully feathered on all four legs.

Lottie is short, stocky & extra wide compared to Harry!
41818A77-03DD-4092-AB83-1585CAA5BE97.jpeg

Had the first breaking in session with new boots today riding Harry. So I’m going to fly a
811804E0-5217-42C6-8939-D4DB0EC314CB.gif
for a hack round the village this morning with one of the new liveries. All uneventful and nice. Boots did well though, felt a bit tight when I first put them in the stirrups but they soon softened up. Onward & upward with them!

Last edited:
Second breaking in session of the boots today. Flying a
0C560592-6AC5-4341-853C-DFBD2BA30176.gif
for a hack out on Harry this afternoon. We went on a route we don’t usually go on very often & it’s a bit further. So whilst the boots are soft/supple & are super comfy for walking in they are not quite broken in fully round round the ankles. After an hour & 45 mins in the stirrups my ankles were ready for a rest! Had a nice ride though into the next very rural village on country lanes only hairy bit was that in the loop round there is a short section of 60mph road to get back into the village. Seriously some drivers did not slow down at all :rolleyes: Good job Harry & his new girlfriend are good on traffic! But all in all a nice hack out.

Also flying a
0C560592-6AC5-4341-853C-DFBD2BA30176.gif
for a hack out on Lottie yesterday then a quick whizz round in the arena as I’m going to attempt to do a dressage test on her next month :th Only walk & trot Intro A! I’m more than sure it will be a sight to behold :lol:

Flying a
DF16E8FB-B339-4DE8-8000-BDAEB4E36595.gif
for a hack out on Harry yesterday. We went the longer route again so I chickened out on the new boots and put my old one’s on. My ankle could not take it two days on the trot! Managed to get a team of 3 together, another livery with her horse Abbie & my friend came over to ride Saffy. All good together but Saffy was pretty slow & my friend had to trot a lot of the way behind us to keep up! Harry & his new girlfriend Abbie both walk quite fast but Saffy not so much. As the tour de Yorkshire is coming through the village they are still resurfacing the road so when we came back on the loop in to the village the council had set up traffic lights, started removing the top layer of tarmac with a great big machine plus a road sweeper roaring its guts out! Loads of vans, cones and workmen all over the place. To top it off this was on a 90 bend going up hill over the canal bridge! Was expecting something a little more lively from them all especially as Abbie has only hacked out 10 times on the road in her life but Harry took the lead and non of them batted an eye lid so we got through it all ok without incident thank god. Barring a car driver who followed us through & wasn’t happy at going so slow but no way were we going to try & trot through it all! Hoping to get out again tomorrow on the same route as barring the 60mph part of the road it’s a lovely rural hack out :fl

@rebrascora Hope you are doing ok Barbara and things are settled. Plus you are enjoying this beautiful bank holiday weather! :cool: What a change to the usual Easter weather we have!

Hope everyone is doing ok? Got Harry a new lick today. Was quite dubious if he would like it or not but as it was on special offer thought I would give it a whirl. It went down a treat! :drool

Also going to fly a
33DE729B-E55E-4C25-A4F1-5D634D3DBCA0.gif
for a hack out on Harry and fly a
33DE729B-E55E-4C25-A4F1-5D634D3DBCA0.gif
for a practice of my dressage test on Lottie in the arena on Wednesday. Needless to say I need to get a lot more practice in for the real test! Although we managed it all I did over shoot some markers & my straight lines were like a snake :oops: But all good fun!

I’m on a roll! I’ve got 4 flags to fly!
E954BC76-220E-4F4E-8EF6-E71B7512EA01.gif
Hacked out on Harry Sunday, Monday & Tuesday and ridden Lottie this evening in the arena for a practice of the dressage test. Having another practice tomorrow evening of the test then it’s the real test on Friday evening. Got hacks planned on Lottie & Harry for Saturday & another on Harry for Sunday so I may get a full week in on the riding front!!

Back
Top Bottom