Has anybody ever dealt with Jett Quail before???

Smokin Silkies

formerly browneyebuttafly
11 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Western, PA
I ordered a Sportsman 1502 on the 27th and Im having problems. I contacted Jett Quail through the website and he never responded ((this was BEFORE I placed my order)) so I emailed them through ebay and they responded within 24 hours. I asked several questions. A few days later (on the 27) I purchased the Sportsman. Paid through paypal immediately. I never received an order confirmation...only an email saying that my payment has been sent to them from paypal. Since then I have sent him about 6 emails total through his website AND ebay. I've also been calling the number numerous times a day and always get the answering machine. Has anybody had experience with this company and had problems?? I wanted to file a claim through paypal to get my money back but it could take up to 30 days or longer to receive my money and as everybody knows, these incubators new are EXPENSIVE!!! Im very very disappointed!!! I even called the main office at GQF and they say they have NO order from them for me! UGH this is SO frustrating!

Sounds like some sort of scam. I'd file a claim with E-Bay immediately. There are used incubators for sale where the seller is responsible & if you look around I'm sure you can find something that is comparable. The first step is getting your money back

Well I didn't purchase it through ebay. He does have an ebay account (since 2006) with good feedback BUT I purchased this through his website jettquail.com The incubators get shipped directly from GQF and he has sold a LOT of them. I talked to GQF on the phone the other day and they knew right away who he was when I mentioned Jett Quail. I'm wondering if something happened to him?? I filed a claim through paypal last night and now I just have to await his response. He has 20 days to respond. If no response they paypal will refund my money but thats a LONG time and I have DOZENS of eggs waiting to be incubated :(

My experience so far
On ebay I ordered a Sportsman 1502, arrived in 7 days.
On the Jettquail website I ordered 2 sizes of plastic Hatching trays 2 x 6 each on April 25th, Paypal sent my money to Jettquail, and I got a reply they received my money. Never got any acknowledgment from Jettquail directly that they are sending my hatching trays, so I emailed them on April 30th to update the status of my order, have yet to hear back from Jettquail.
I will be calling them tomorrow, and if all I get is the answering machine I will open up a complaint with Paypal.
Seems we are both having the same issue!

Last edited:
He still will not answer for me. Again, I left several messages on phone, personal website email, ebay email and his personal email. GQF has NOT gotten any orders from him yet in my name so he hasn't even placed my order. He is taking orders through ebay and people are leaving feedback so hes still alive...just ignoring ME. All of his items get drop shipped directly from GQF. I am very disappointed and will never order from him again and NEVER recommend anybody to order from him. He may be a little cheaper but its not worth it considering who knows when he will ever place your order....its been 10 days and NOTHING yet. I am SO frustrated!!! I opened a dispute through paypal on the 5th and today I escalated it to a paypal claim. He has until May 17 to respond and then I will get my money back. In the meantime I have about 15 dozen eggs that SHOULD'VE been in my Sportsman by now. I'm afraid to order another one from GQF just in case for whatever reason I don't get my money back from Jett Quail. His customer service is ridiculous!!!

I was about to order my 1502 direct from jettquails site but since he had good feedback on Ebay and it was just slight more expensive I ordered it thru ebay. Jett quail indicates in his ebay listing that you can order other items that he doesn't list on ebay thru his site, so that is what I did with the egg trays. Live & Learn, I will call his number now and see
where it gets me, if nowhere I'll be opening up a claim with Paypal also.

I am posting this for other s who might order from Jett Quail.

I ordered a 1502 from Jett Quail 10 days ago. I have not heard a thing. I have called and emailed him. My order has not even been placed with GQF.
I have opened a dispute with PayPal. This will be resolved in 10 days. I will let you know if I get the incubator or my money back.

Just wanted to let you all know my Sportsman experience.

I ordered through Stromberg's hatchery. After a week, and no notification of shipment, I contacted Stromberg's directly and they told me those incs are made, as ordered. That during the peak season demand, delays were extremely common!!! Unless I purchased from someone who already had them in stock, the manufacturer didn't have any readily available, since they're so expensive. Since the new all digital model is so new and in such demand, delays were going to happen!! After another week I was panicking, as I too had eggs (Cream Legbar) that should have been in the inc. With no notice it finally arrived, going on the third week!!! My eggs did not hatch... too old!!

If I had it to do again I would not get eggs until I had the inc sitting in front of me. Another thing, Stromberg's was the 'middle man'. I'm sure if they had been a small company, I wouldn't have received back a return call either.

This product needs to be advertised whether it is 'in stock' by the seller OR if it will need to be ordered by the manufacturer. Obviously all of the delays are by someone who took the buyers money and then ordered it.

Well this is what happened to me. I NEVER received word from jettquail until 8-9 days after I filed a claim through paypal. and like I said I must've called about 100, literally! Also emailed him through his website, emailed him through ebay AND emailed him through his personal email that I got from paypal. NEVER got back to me. Finally I got my refund and this is what he said in the notes

""I apologize for the inconvenience, there was somehow a mistake in the transfer of information and your order was over looked. I am truly sorry for this oversight.""

Ummmm that I don't believe! Out of ALL of those messages I left him on his voicemail and 3 different emails and he didn't get any of them about my order!?!?!? I'm not the only one who has had problems obviously. Have you checked his feedback on ebay?

Anyhow once I got my refund I ordered through Cutler Supply because I have bought from them before with NO problems. The lady said it would be another week or 2 before I receive it because they were backed up. SO I waited & waited & waited...weeks went by, nothing. A month went by, nothing. I've called a couple of times and Cutler said they'd call GQF because they were the ones who would ship it. After a month I started calling GQF directly because Cutler couldn't find any concrete info about my order. GQF said they couldn't even pull up anything for me since I placed my order through Cutler?!?!?! I told them but YOU will be shipping it to me & YOU can't pull up my order? Every time I talked to GQF they were rude to me, and that was MANY times! Finally after complaining they were able to pull up my order (imagine that). They said they were waiting on parts to get there and it may take another 2 weeks. By now I am totally aggravated as I was told I'd have my incubator in 2 weeks (from Cutler) After the 2 weeks I called GQF and they said they shipped my incubator out 1.5 weeks ago!!! I told them I NEVER received it! Keep in mind that they told me they didn't have the part, yet they shipped it out the next day supposedly?? I asked for a tracking number which they had, they said FedEx delivered it to my door. I said no they most certainly did NOT! I live in the country and have a decently long driveway, so I think sometimes they are just plain LAZY and leave stuff by the road :/ So after a bunch of BS & fighting with GQF they said they would ship me another one. They said they couldn't even locate the driver of FedEx who delivered the 1st incubator. I asked them if they could require a signature confirmation that way I KNOW I would receive it. They told me NO they can't?!?!?! UGH, so frustrating...and very dumb on their end. By the way CUTLER WAS ALWAYS ALWAYS WONDERFUL & NICE TO DEAL WITH!!! I will definately order from them again....not sure about GQF though and will NEVER order from jettquail either... SO GLAD THIS IS FINALLY OVER WITH FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry all of you are also having problems and I HOPE you get it all figured out soon!!!

Back
Top Bottom