Has anyone found a potting soil without a bunch of mulch, rocks, acorns?

Thanks for the advice! I think I will order in to my local ACE the Pro Mix FPO and also order a bag from Johnny's to compare the two. I have been blocking for a couple of years now and can get them to stay in the past, but if there is a large piece of mulch or rocks they create weak spots in the blocks that eventually can pull apart especially once the roots set in. I haven't had any issues until this year where seemingly the quality of every brand I have purchased and opened looked like someone's mulch pile with a shovel of soil mixed in. As far as potting soil goes you are correct seed starting mix is better. I usually use seed starting mixes, but this year at least in my area I seem to be paying for a bag of much rather than soil with everything.

This is what I was using, but the quality has definitely gone down hill.
View attachment 3406714

I never was a fan of anything Miracal-Gro, to me it's a very low-grade product.

I believe that you will be happy with the Pro Mix line, I've used it the past wile in school and in my own greenhouse and their commercial line (Found here) is hard to beat.

For the past 16 years or so I've been making my own soil mix for plugs, cell packs, pots etc. or I would probably still be using it today, it's just that my mix work a bit better for my needs.

Back
Top Bottom