Has anyone heard of Chicken (Rooster) trying to Mate with Guinea

Barn Yard Birds

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 5, 2012
I Have a Brred Rock Rooster and he keeps trying to get on my Guinea Girls and they kinda let him.
Now I know this is crazy but is it possible I will have chicken guineas??????

Not only can it happen, it's actually quite common,,,, the offspring is called guinea hen, including professional guinea breeders (meat producers), this is done because a rooster fertilizes easier (have larger genitalia that reaches all the way) a Guinea rooster success not that easy,, this is done in big scale
big_smile.png

Not only can it happen, it's actually quite common,,,, the offspring is called guinea hen, including professional guinea breeders (meat producers), this is done because a rooster fertilizes easier (have larger genitalia that reaches all the way) a Guinea rooster success not that easy,, this is done in big scale
big_smile.png

A guinea hen is a female Guinea Fowl... a Rooster X Guinea Hen crossbreed (hybrid) is called a Guin-Hen if it's a female, or a Guin if it's a male.

http://www.guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/GuinHen/

Our chicken yard is like a free for all! Turkeys trying to top guineas, roosters trying to top guineas and chickens. We've not witnessed a guinea trying to top anything other than a guinea. However... have you ever had this happen... and I have video to prove it... one MALE turkey started setting on a guinea nest. The other MALE turkey started trying to set on the same nest. Went to check them one day and they had split the one nest into two... and ended up hatching two guineas. Unfortunately neither made it. We just had my daughter's wedding but when I recover I'm going to post the video to youtube.

Back
Top Bottom