Has anyone heard of Chicken (Rooster) trying to Mate with Guinea

OHSpartan, They only breed together when forced to in tiny old cages otherwise they never cross in nice large cages or healthy free range

OHSpartan, They only breed together when forced to in tiny old cages otherwise they never cross in nice large cages or healthy free range

Actually, looking at the sites of people who've had them, most guineafowl-chicken crosses were 'healthy free range'.

Others crossed in 'large, nice cages' too.

Haven't seen anyone get any hybrids from cramming them together in small cages.

You can't force them to breed either, lol. Don't worry about that nonsense because it won't happen no matter how many times you rub the two birds together. Artificial insemination would be about the only way to breed them without them being interested in one another.

Last edited:
Most of my guinea were killed off and I only had one, a hen. Well she finally laid an egg in a huge nest my chicken hen were hiding from me. I didn't realize it was a guinea egg at first and put it in the incubator with the rest. Just checked for viability and realized it was a guinea egg and it was viable. I thought no way it could be since she's the only one. She free ranges but there are no other guinea around that I'm aware of. So we shall see.

If the other guinea were only killed off a month or so before the egg was laid, it can still be fertilized by a male guineafowl.

Otherwise, you might get a hybrid. Should be obvious enough whether it is or isn't anyway, they're not very ambiguous!

Good luck with that.

Best wishes.

[/IMG][/IMG]<<<OHSpartan, They only breed together when forced to in tiny old cages otherwise they never cross in nice large cages or healthy free range>>>

I had a Black and yellow chick looking thing hatch from a guinea egg 2 summers ago. The eggs were collected from a nest I found in the fence row from my free range guineas. I have several Black a Giant roos the keet/chick had the Black Giant chick color but structurally it looked like a guinea. It hatched in October of 2013 and is still alive which is great since I had heard they don't live long. He is a beautiful Black with double laced patterned feathers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom