Hatch-Along - I have babies due on Tue. Feb 19 anyone else hatching same day?

Maybe someone here can answer- I've posted on another incubating/hatching egg, but haven't gotten much of an answer. You know when you are a first time incubator mom, you want to know NOW- lol I'm gonna copy/post my question.....
Hi- Forgive me if this has been answered a million times, or is on an egg chart that I haven't seen- I've been looking before I put the question on here :). This is my second time trying to incubate eggs. First time was a disaster, no eggs hatched. This time,I'm candling. I have 10 viable eggs (shipped eggs). 2, I have questions about. They are on day 17. I looked at them today, before I put them on lock down tomorrow. 1 has air cells on both ends of the egg. I can still see veins, but only the middle of the egg has mass. Another eggs is full of chick, but the air cell is at the wrong end (the narrow part of the egg). Are those eggs ok? The will be laid sideways during lockdown (Hovabator LG)

Thanks- Pam (anxious potential chick mom)

Pam

The best you can do is leave them to their work and see if they make it out of the egg. The messed up air cells may affect them badly enough that they can't get out, or they may not have any trouble at all. It's hard to say. Leave assisted hatching as a last resort, there are some good threads on here that can help you if it comes to that, but never ever ever dive in and try to help until you've given the chick every chance to get out on its own. Good luck with your hatch!!!

1 chick hatched so far!!! It's a day early but it looks healthy. Lots of legcana's (leghorn X Ameraucana) are pipping.

1 chick hatched so far!!! It's a day early but it looks healthy. Lots of legcana's (leghorn X Ameraucana) are pipping.

YAY! congrats!
yippiechickie.gif

they are just entering the air cell so they are probably a day late (I know I candled, naughty,naughty, but I placed her back in the incubator same side up.), but I did place them 3 weeks ago, but late in the day so my guess is tomorrow. Also I have some due on wed. they may have delayed themselves so they can hatch together. we'll see. I did bring in an older chick I hatched last month to cheep over the incubator just to get the eggs excited.

Back
Top Bottom