Hatch along!!!

Preach it to me. I check the incubator every 10 mintues to see if anything has happened, even though they are only day 22 GOSH THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LONGEST WEEK IF MY LIFE

Exiting my eggs are moving to and keep poking at the membrane but hatch day is Monday and lockdown is friday so I'm guessing we are going 2 have some early birds

Did a light candling of eggs (Day 3.5-4). There's a CQ one with a definite blood ring up at the air sac line, so probably a goner. On a couple I couldn't see veining, but I could faintly see pulsing of the yolk away from the light. Several of the eggs are just too darn dark for this early. Didn't do the whole batch, but I did move the blood ring egg into the spot by the turner motor and will discard later. The lone white egg looks good! (pray for a token hen)

I'll just hang tight for a couple of days until first serious candling at Day 7, but Day 10 is when I really see the eyes and who's who. The 'bator is holding it's own temp and humidity-wise, so eggs are just cruising.

Ooooh! Just did a brief candling via top of the eggs whilst they were in the racks. LOTS of veining!
wee.gif
Looks like I'll have some Cinnamon Queens and Welsummers. Olive Eggers (dark green shells) were too dark to tell....thus far. The Legbar x Marans (a sex-linked OE) are REALLY thick-shelled. It lights up blue, but you cannot see.

Go Eggies!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom