Hatcher cheats 4-H Kid

Cheats Kid

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 27, 2012
My son took his own allowance and bought a Emden goose from Heartland Hatchery/Alan Nieder in April. He was hoping to breed it with his other Emden goose and show it in 4-H. I don't know what the goose is but it is not a purebred Emden. It looks like a crossbreed between an Emblen and African goose. My son cannot show it in 4-H or breed it with his other goose. Long story, short, after several phone conversations with Mr. Nieder, he refused to give my son a refund. $13 is alot for a child to be out of. He did not deliver what he was selling. He has no heart, he is just in it for the money and he doesn't care who he hurts.

Perhaps you should enlighten us with the breeder/hatcher to save future folks the heartache. Sorry about your son's loss. Maybe you can sell it for $15 and try again?

You know he raised it from a baby and the goose has a name. It would be very hard for him to disattach from him. My son as autism and I don't think he could sell his goose.

How can we help him to recover? Does he have room for another goose for his 4-H project and another source to get said goose from? I hate to see anyone take advantage of a 4-H kid and get away with it.

Thank you so much for your concern. It means alot to both of us. My son and I talked about it. He decided to save up his money again and buy another baby goose next spring from a different hatchery. The only thing is most hatcheries won't send 1 goose without paying out the roof for shipping.

That's just horrible. I'm sorry he had to go through that, especially being autistic ...but at least he has another pet. Perhaps you can find a BYCer close to you that may have some. If the goose He has is a girl.....maybe he can sell goose eggs to raise money for the other...
I could send some chicken decals for him to sell to raise his money....

Last edited:
Well, I am impressed with your son's attitude.
I wish I could be surprised at the hatchery acting that way, but sadly I am not.
Good for your son! He is a real poultryman, in every good sense of the word.
What can we do to help him. I'm in.

This really makes me angry! Not only did they rip of a kid, they did it to a handicap child! I have a grandson who has autism, I think I would be in the mans face if it was me! But all I can do right now is contact this hatchery and let them know the word is out! And if your child decides to sell chicken stickers let me know I will buy some!
welcome-byc.gif

From the reviews here, he doesn't seem to be running the best business. Sorry this happened to your son. I'm glad you guys have a plan worked out to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom