Hatchery ..Blue Laced Red Wyandotte...post pics please

Yes, they are from McMurray. They already have their wing feathers in at 2 days old, I can see the lacing already. I have 8 with blue lacing and the rest have creme/wht lacing. If this breed can be feather sexed like the SLW, I should have a good amount of pullets.
If you don't mind, could you post some pics of these peeps again in a month or so? I'm curious as to how they'll look once they feather out more. I'd LOVE to get some BLRWs, but my brain (and my wallet) is balking at the reality of ordering from a breeder. :)

how can you tell the gender of a chick by there wing feathers?? And thanks for the pics, I got some 1 year olds the other day see!!!!!

I got 4 blrw's from mcmurray and they are the friendliest out of all my chickens! They all love to sit in my lap and are pretty calm.

I'm pretty happy with the order as a whole. We got all different breeds but these blrw's are just fantastic! I guess I don't really care if they're splash or blue because I can't tell the difference anyways half the time.
roll.png

I don't know if the bloodline that McMurray sells is sexlinked for fast feathering females, but I will find out in about 8 weeks if what I suspect is true. I have 20 at 3 days old with more advanced wing feathering and 5 that are slow feathering. There is also something that I have noticed in very young chicks, that has so far proven to be true with a few breeds, that the male chicks have a more upright stance (like roos) and the females lean forward more. I will attach a picture that will show more of what I mean below. I am no expert, I am just guessing and so far have been very accurate with the small number that I have had.

I see where ur getting at and it makes alot of since!!! I think mine might be a roo, could u look for me? This was about a week ago!!! In the middle.

How old is the chick in the picture? I can only tell when they are 3-5 days old. Did you have any side shots and/or pictures of the wing feathering? I also noticed that the females that feather early also get their tail feathers earlier than the males.

How old are they now?

Are they all the same age in the picture?

They are all about 5 days in that pic. I can't get anymore pics right now cause my camera is broke but when I fix it I'll post some.

Here is a pic of my girl, Violet from My Pet Chicken. Not the greatest pic of her, it has been soo hot here and is going through her last molt, should be getting some eggs from her really soon!

Back
Top Bottom