Hatchery ..Blue Laced Red Wyandotte...post pics please

I got some bad news, my blrw rooster died this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif

Here are some updated pictures of the BLRW chicks from MM. They are 3 weeks old. There is one GL Polish in there too, lol.

Last edited:
I wish I had read this post back when I ordered my BLR wyandottes this past spring. I got 10 from McMurray and the only blue ones were the roosters(3) I am so upset especially since I can't keep roos. I do have to say I at least got one really pretty unique one who has 4 colors black,red, blue and a dusty cream/white so at least it wasn't a total loss I named her Kaleidoscope she is very neat. Also there is one hen who was quite blue when it was 10 wks but now is a dusty cream at 18 wks maybe when she molts out she will go back to blue
fl.gif
. I do have to say though about the roos all 3 started crowing at 2 days old! I couldn't believe it they were also very dominant, I gave one to my brother and was hoping to keep at least one for part of the winter but alas it was not meant to be they just stressed everyone out and crowed all day long! I imagine our neighbors that are literally only 10' away, were not all that happy with them. But they were very beautiful roos. I think I will try MPC or Meyers next time.

How have the blrw been doing as far as the standard heritage Wyandotte traits such as laying ability, mothering, hardiness etc. I just picked up 8 blrw 3 gl and 4 sl Wyandotte chicks from a breeder.

I have 32 BLRW. They are great birds.

I get many compliments on how beautiful my flock is.

I currently have 5 roosters; 1 Black, 3 blue, and a splash. My hen are also black, blue and splash. I group them to produce blue.

I am hatching daily .

I have 32 BLRW. They are great birds.

I get many compliments on how beautiful my flock is.

I currently have 5 roosters; 1 Black, 3 blue, and a splash. My hen are also black, blue and splash. I group them to produce blue.

I am hatching daily .
[/quot

Back
Top Bottom