Saayyylorr

Hatching
Apr 16, 2020
Okay so let me start by explaining! I have two peafowl eggs in the incubator right now. I put them in on April 10th at 1:00pm, but I counted that as day 0. Peafowl eggs go into lockdown on day 26. Tomorrow will be day 25 but technically at 1:00 wouldn’t it be day 26? Should I go ahead and put them in the Hatcher tomorrow or should I wait until the next day. I’m just worried because I don’t want my humidity to be too low for hatching and I don’t want the turner hurting them if they happen to hatch tomorrow.

I'd transfer them to the hatcher tomorrow, especially if you think the air cells are looking good.
They are going to be such cute babies. Good luck with the hatch.

Okay so let me start by explaining! I have two peafowl eggs in the incubator right now. I put them in on April 10th at 1:00pm, but I counted that as day 0. Peafowl eggs go into lockdown on day 26. Tomorrow will be day 25 but technically at 1:00 wouldn’t it be day 26? Should I go ahead and put them in the Hatcher tomorrow or should I wait until the next day. I’m just worried because I don’t want my humidity to be too low for hatching and I don’t want the turner hurting them if they happen to hatch tomorrow.
How did this go? I need to use my incubator for my 4 peafowl eggs as my hen is no longer broody. Did the egg turner work OK for you? I’m not sure if i should use it or not

Back
Top Bottom