Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

Pics
I have heard of food colouring to stop picking in a pinch if you have no Blu-kote.......We all have to try it.... How do you apply it! ????

Hmmmm very interesting.....I might have coloured Ducks????
And Easter eggs!!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ng-food-coloring-in-a-hens-vent#post_10231387

This actually may help my isolation situation in a few weeks since I have a duck who is on meds where her eggs aren't safe for human consumption.

Not in my grandmother's house. hahaha
LOL well My Grandma loved to play bingo too.

I would never shoot the food coloring up the butt of a hen etc but just around the vent. I believe @8GeeseALaying did this with one of her geese.

OH MY GOODNESS: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ng-food-coloring-in-a-hens-vent#post_10231387

This actually may help my isolation situation in a few weeks since I have a duck who is on meds where her eggs aren't safe for human consumption.

Not in my grandmother's house. hahaha

LOL well My Grandma loved to play bingo too. 

I would never shoot the food coloring up the butt of a hen etc but just around the vent.  I believe @8GeeseALaying
   did this with one of her geese.

HaHaHaha!!!!!!!!!........gotta love our Granny's !!!!!
I always say Drakes sound like a night after Bingo!!! ......lol

I could not resist candling again this morning!!!!
I clearly have 11 bouncers in my eggs!! Only two white eggs are developing right now. Bouncer was from a green egg and those are going strong also...boing, boing, boing!!! ...lol

Very excited that Bouncer will have family soon to play with!!!

He is really getting BIG!!!!! I will post more pictures of him soon!!!

He chases the Dogs, me and noodles everything he can reach.....Such a loved little Duckling !!!!!!

Cheers!

I clearly have 11 bouncers in my eggs!! Only two white eggs are developing right now. Bouncer was from a green egg and those are going strong also...boing, boing, boing!!! ...lol

He chases the Dogs, me and noodles everything he can reach.....Such a loved little Duckling !!!!!!

Cheers!
When are they supposed to hatch?
Do the dogs chase him too? My dog was scared of the ducklings, they were not. Lil ducklings going up to a big 150 lb dog and the dog is the scaredy one
roll.png

Cheers!

When are they supposed to hatch?
Do the dogs chase him too? My dog was scared of the ducklings, they were not. Lil ducklings going up to a big 150 lb dog and the dog is the scaredy one:rolleyes:

Hello Pal.....
Bouncer chases the Dogs. My small house dogs......The one Yorkie, Lucy gets jealous of him so Drinks out of his water
. Bouncer chases her. Old Mutsy who is 14 wants to lick him but he noodles her paws so she runs away too!!!

February 20th the others are due... So excited!!!

@chickens really Is Bouncer doing okay being raised on his own? I have just had a single White Call hatch (4 days late) and it looks like all the other eggs are dead :( Most people in my area don't start hatching ducklings until late spring/ early summer, so I think that it will be hard to find her a friend, although I'm going to give her a cuddly toy and a mirror when I move her to her brooder.

@chickens really
 Is Bouncer doing okay being raised on his own? I have just had a single White Call hatch (4 days late) and it looks like all the other eggs are dead :( Most people in my area don't start hatching ducklings until late spring/ early summer, so I think that it will be hard to find her a friend, although I'm going to give her a cuddly toy and a mirror when I move her to her brooder.

Yes, he is doing great!!
Although he would be much better off with another Duckling for sure....they are very time consuming as they grow. ....i do not hold him much but he gets to run around lots and poop on my floor... Lol.....keep looking for another duckling to put with yours. Mine hatch on February 20th...I am keeping two so he will have friends....

Yes, the mirror a soft sock or toy is needed......

Send a picture if you can........

Back
Top Bottom