Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

Pics
I always wish there was an easy way to tell who was laying what. I was lamenting about this to my grandmother last week who asked why I don't just take a bingo dauber to my ducks butts so that the eggs turn pink.. I do not suggest anyone try this, but I feel like this has to been an ongoing question for those of us who breed. It would be great to not need to build breeding pens and separate birds.

Bingo daubers tho? Oh granny.

Was going to elaborate, but then saw that you found the info. Would love to know how it goes if you try it. I've considered it, but haven't taken that leap yet! :D

He is a proud Albertan Duck! ....lol

Oh good grief :love

I always wish there was an easy way to tell who was laying what. I was lamenting about this to my grandmother last week who asked why I don't just take a bingo dauber to my ducks butts so that the eggs turn pink.. I do not suggest anyone try this, but I feel like this has to been an ongoing question for those of us who breed. It would be great to not need to build breeding pens and separate birds.

Bingo daubers tho? Oh granny.

Was going to elaborate, but then saw that you found the info. Would love to know how it goes if you try it. I've considered it, but haven't taken that leap yet! :D

He is a proud Albertan Duck! ....lol

Oh good grief :love

Yep, Bouncer has been busy getting all cute for his pictures!!! .......He is a total spoiled brat!!!.....I loved and egg and now totally love this silly Duckling!! ........lol

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes, he is doing great!!
Although he would be much better off with another Duckling for sure....they are very time consuming as they grow. ....i do not hold him much but he gets to run around lots and poop on my floor... Lol.....keep looking for another duckling to put with yours. Mine hatch on February 20th...I am keeping two so he will have friends....

Yes, the mirror a soft sock or toy is needed......

Send a picture if you can........

Okay I have started searching for anouther, but it looks like she'll have to wait for the WH to hatch.

I've posted some pics on here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1151462/baby-call-finally-hatched-pic-heavy#post_18028045

Oh my gosh, that is sooooooo CUTE!!!

Glad you found some Ducklings to put with yours. Waiting a few weeks wont be so bad. Keep entertaining her and she will be fine.....Bouncer is having a great time...lol

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom